September 27, 2011

Of fashion and Darlings

Posted by Khushboo W at 12:18 PM
                Some days back, when I was super idle, I started flicking channels on the epic idiot box. And i came across some nice channel, where a top class socialite famous for her gham and bum was in a skimpy outfit ( read bikini ) shooting for some magazine, frankly, I don't remember its name. And some desperate-for-job reporters were interviewing her. She was asked world's most boring question ever, "What is fashion to you?", to which the well-rounded bum possessor replied, "Being comfortable. I wear what makes me feel comfortable." Gah, what a reply! And her reply made me wonder 'How can someone be comfortable in such skimpy outfit in front of 50 men who are trying to take your pictures, while all you do is pout and breathe heavily?'... What she replied has been repeated as a chant by all the celebrities, I bet. And there lies the irony. Nobody, I swear, no girl or lady is comfortable in butt-short shorts or 5-inch heels. That is the truth. All the things from waxing to threading, dressing short to wearing nothing, gives us trauma, whether mental or physical. So, why in the world do we wear such great clothes that cost a bomb and are so short that it makes your Granny think, "Did I make these for her, when she was a toddler?"




                So, my lovelies, the funda for a great fashion sense is not the comfort that these starry-eyed celebrities define. It's just the other way round. For me, confidence is the key. Be confident in what you wear. It surely won't make you look weird. If you wear shorts and are always conscious about them going any higher on your legs, don't wear them. Most of the times, girls who wear shorts or short dresses, keep pulling it down. This technique won't make it look any longer, really. Just go for trousers if you don't want such a tedious task to do all evening. Your "HAWT"-ness factor is not defined by how short your dresses are, it is defined by how confidently are you able to carry yourself. You can look stunning in a pair of pajamas as well. You should know how to be comfortable in it. And by "comfortable" I mean "relaxed, calm and happy" and not being Miss. Hands-on-the-hemline. Also, never be conscious of your looks. Don't consider yourself dark complexioned. It's 'Dusky' and remember, dusky is sexy. You are never fat, you are just voluptuous and well endowed. You don't have hair like Maggi, you have beautiful curly tresses that makes all the exotic foreigners go green with jealousy. Remember, you are beautiful the way you are. God has made you this way and you really don't have any right to alter it. Just be comfortable in your skin, flash some down-to-earth smiles gaze around like a lioness would, flip your beautiful, cascading hair, and my Missy, you are desired by all. *winking*. You are no less than a Disney princess. 




"I'm beautiful in my way, 'cause God made no mistakes, I'm on the right track baby I was born this way" ~ Lady Gaga.

11 comments:

Spaceman Spiff on September 27, 2011 at 1:36 PM said...

You took the words out of my mouth, lady! All these celebrities chant the same mantra- "Fashion is all bout comfort yada yada yada." Not even one person says "fashion is about looking glamorous for the flashbulbs even if it's a hideous dres and I look like a bubblegum or a canary in it." How can tight bustiers be comfirtable? How can heavy embroidered sarees be comfortable? How can 8-inch stilletos be comfortable??!!

The word 'Comfort' has been over-abused with regard to fashion. If it had to be about comfort all the time, the whole world would be dressed in pyjamas and shorts with hawai chappals all day long. :/

maithili on September 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM said...

You just spoke out the questions that go around me my mind! How can someone be comfortable in clothes so skimpy and heels so high that it hurts?

Confidence does adds to your appearance and confidence is sexy!! :D :D

Very well written girl!

Aathira on September 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM said...

Oh yes... Dusky is sexy babe!

Soumya on September 27, 2011 at 5:46 PM said...

Dusky is super sexy. And a dusky Lioness always rules :)

Lovely post!

Mystical Skeptical Me on September 27, 2011 at 7:10 PM said...

I smiled after reading this post. I mean, I, being on a heavier side, always wear salwaar kameez, and sometimes the kind of looks I get...add to the agony of being fat. However, the confidence part really really works. After a point, people stop noticing what you are wearing and just focus on what you are! :D :D

Such a nice post!!!! :D :D

PS: Dusky IS sexy!!! :D

Keirthana on September 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM said...

Very well said. The confidence part really gave me a high because I am on the becoming overweight edge and have been worrying way too much about it. And I agree, the mantra is Salwar-Kameez or t-shirt and shorts, just be who are and wear what makes you feel confident :)

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue on September 28, 2011 at 10:10 AM said...

I wrote the exact same thing about confidence in my first post here!

And its only Indians who are obsessed with 'being fair'. Any cream that i buy, even a moisturizer claims that it'll make me fair! I DONT want to be fair! Its crazy really... confidence is all that matters.

Nice post!

PeeVee on September 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM said...

It took me ten long years from when I was a preteen to now to work this damn mantra out for myself. I tried and tried and tried a little more to carry off what my skinny friends wore just because it's the 'in' thing and failed miserably for I was far from comfortable.
Now I couldn't care less, I have realized the importance of being nice and confident rather than 'hawt'. If I can achieve that, the hotness automatically comes:P Right?

Brilliant post. You have my respect:)

Paanipuri Lover on September 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM said...

@ spaceman spiff - you read my mind! Things that make me feel comfortable are not fashionable! :P
@ Maithili - Thank you for appreciating my post! :D :D
@ Aathira- Temme about it! :D
@ Soumya - So, I count you for on heck of a Dusky lioness! :)
@ Keirthana- Thanks a lot! And remember, DOVs are lovely lasses! :D
@ TheGirlAtFirstAvenue - Hmm! See, we all have the same things in our mind! :D
@ PeeVee - girl, we are already sexy! ;) thank you! :)

Suruchi on September 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM said...

such a sensible post and so cute n funny in so many places:-)

"The technique won't make it look any longer-really"-hehe:-)
Miss Hands on the hemline!-too good!

you don't only make sense...you have fun making it:-)

Paanipuri Lover on October 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM said...

@ Suruchi : I know, I'm commenting late, but thanks a lot! Really! You people make my day! :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates