October 4, 2011

How I kill romance...

Posted by Khushboo W at 6:09 PM
   Yes darlings, you read it right. I kill romance. I'm brutal when it comes down to a simple candle-light dinner or red roses or the soft and sweet 'I love you's... Yes, I might be the only single girl on the planet who scares off guys. Really. Its not that I haven't had 'proposals'.... I had, and the number is too shocking to be believed, I'll just say its in tens in number forms. But I don't think I've fallen in love, EVER. I mean I love many people, not all of 'em, but my family, friends. Oh! You get the grip? I mean I've never fallen in 'luuurrrvvvveeee' love. Where all the songs start making sense, your favourite colour changes to red/pink, all you dream about is marriage and holidays and children and life, which simply means your career life goes for a roller coaster ride. Yeah, I'm untouched by this sweet little emotion that gulps the whole world down like a T-Rex. 




   I've never been the mushy-mushy kinda girl. I listen to all the romantic songs, watch all the rom-coms, the ones which has sweet-chocolate boys as the protagonist and hot and charming villains. Also, I have a capacity to read romantic novels, except mills and boon. I find Mills and Boon to be crass. Maybe you won't believe but P.S I love you is one of my favourite movie, also, the book has been read by me several times. Where do I lack? I'll tell you. In the department of emotions, I ask people to fill in my proxy. I'm not that expressive! I have extreme feelings, sure! But I'm not able to express it properly. I have a heart, I use it, but I can't convey my love.  It automatically becomes tough for me. I can't say, "Don't leave me alone." or "I need you." ever! Even to my parents and friends. Anger? Anger is a different story altogether. I express anger like Niagra Falls. 'Woah' types! That also, differently. I've this habit of bottling anger, frustration, etc. up. Just when it gets way too much, I let it all go. I know, this behaviour of mine is poles apart, but then this is me. I've accepted this fact, and I try improving it. All I know is that, there maybe a guy, who'll accept me for who I am. He won't try and change me, after all, isn't it true love?






  So, till love finds me, I'll be a happy soul. But I have some conditions with love as well. Some of them are below:
1. Don't make me a mushy girl.
2. Don't change my favourite colour to red/pink.
3. Dare you ruin my career!
4. The guy should be strong, emotionally, but compatible with me.
5. I really don't want to hear "I love you" 50 times a day. Just once, that too softly, and not in Dharamendra-ishtyle, okay?




P.S- I was so not gonna post this, but PeeVee helped me out. Just 2-3 replies from her and I got the confidence.
P.P.S- I know, this is not one of my best, but I promise, next one will be better.
P.P.P.S- We need a twitter account of DOV, hearing Maithili? *beaming*

22 comments:

maithili on October 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM said...

Don't worry there is nothing wrong being different than the "mushy types" ;)
You are very young and definitely there would come a guy who would accept you the way you are..
When life becomes more beautiful than your dreams, a lot of things change..
Ofcourse your favorite color would not change but your aspirations, your dreams do change :)
And those romantic songs appear tailor made for your emotions!

Well you wouldn't know that till you really really fall madly in love with anyone and its best to enjoy life alone than frown with the wrong man..

maithili on October 4, 2011 at 7:36 PM said...

And yess a twitter account will be created if and when someone will be available to take care of it full time :)
If you are ok with that we will open one :)

Keirthana on October 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM said...

By personal experience I am saying you can fall in love even if your anger is of the type that burns down the world. You just have to find the perfect guy and I am sure your prince charming is out there waiting for you ;)

The reason why I say this with so much confidence is when it comes to emotions, I am a big mess. Whatever emotion it is, I express it too strongly or too feebly. Yet I got lucky enough to get my guy and since then love has taught me many wonderful things :)

Keirthana on October 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paanipuri Lover on October 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM said...

@Maithili : So true! That's why I'm still waiting! :) And about that twitter page, create one, I'll handle it, I've so much time with me! :)
@ Keirthana : Hehe! thanks for consoling me! :) I'm sure things will pan out, like it happened in your case! :D

Red Handed on October 4, 2011 at 10:08 PM said...

Hmm i find it just sooo easy to bring froward my feelings. It shows on my stupid face.
I appreciate that you are blunt and dont fake emotions.
Good read!

Pria on October 5, 2011 at 6:44 AM said...

You killed it already in this post. Wish your love finds you soon. I think once in a while I-need-yous will make you too feel good :)

Spaceman Spiff on October 5, 2011 at 11:42 AM said...

Lady, here's a hug.

I thought I was the only romance-killer around, and was seriously considering therapy to fix the problem. But now I feel better.

Do you know, I have actually laughed out loud when my ex called me a princess? He would send me messages every now and then to tell me that he loves me, and I finally told him to stop doing it. I cannot say 'I love you' 50 times a day. And I definitely cannot say it without meaning it.
I'm the queen of killing romance, because spontaenity just doesn't run in my blood. I'll be worried about the the bedsheet being crumpled, that I don't probably smell good enough. If I'm given an expensive gift, I'll be worried about how much money he would've spent on it. There's always a parallel track running inside my head about other things.
Oh and if my guy says I'm beautiful, I respond with a very romantic "I know". Do you even need anything more to murder romance? :/

But ya, I love reading chick-flicks with the happy endings and watching mushy, romantic movies. I guess I'm happy as long as it's all working out fine for others.

SO don't worry lady, you're not alone.

Jason on October 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM said...

A huge article, but a very interesting read. I do look forward to your next update and post because you have a unique writing style!

Paanipuri Lover on October 5, 2011 at 1:45 PM said...

@ Red Handed : Thank you! And for the emotions, I blame my sun sign, and yes I do believe in Sun Signs! :D
@ Pria : I'll surely try and be more expressive! Thank you! :)
@ Spaceman Spiff : Did I tell you, I love your username!And thanks for your support! We are all in this together! :)
@ Jason : Thanks for the compliment! I'll try and maintain your expectations, buddy! :)

Spaceman Spiff on October 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM said...

You mentioned sun-sign. Are you a Virgo?

Smita on October 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM said...

keep killing romance like this ;)
if you change in love, then it wasn't love. because love is about respecting the differences knowing the similarities :)
I too find it hard to express my emotions, most of the time :( If only there could be a screen attached with everybody to show what they were feeling, the world would have been a better place for people like me atleast ;) lol

Paanipuri Lover on October 5, 2011 at 7:48 PM said...

@ Spaceman Spiff : I'm a true blue Sagittarian! :D :D
@ Smita : This screen would be helpful for me too! But till we get it delivered from God, lets kill romance! :D

Center Shocker on October 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM said...

Speachless... nice post.
<3 the way u think :)

Paanipuri Lover on October 6, 2011 at 8:39 AM said...

@ Center Shocker : Thanks a lot! :)
I'll make sure and live upto your expectations, in the next post!

PeeVee on October 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM said...

:D Being a complete mush-head myself, I can't claim to relate to this but I truly respect those who don't go awww and gaga over every little aspect of a relationship. It's more conducive to guy's perspective = less fights... you get my drift?

Also, each person is different. And we all have to accept our partners exactly for who they are or it's never gonna work. You're not mushy, make sure you find a guy who doesn't expect it from you.
Or maybe he'll find you:)

And like Maithili said, you're very young now and the world is your oyster, have fun now... seriousness can come later:)

AND glad I could be of help, girlie:)

Suruchi on October 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM said...

thank your lucky stars that you are not the types that you have mentioned as mushy-i think they get on to everyone's nerves and not just the guys:-)

the points you mentioned show you are truly sensible and would be a lambi race ki ghodhi as n when you find that special someone...and looooooooooouuuuurrrrrrrrrveeeeee only happens in movies:-)

Mystical Skeptical Me on October 7, 2011 at 1:43 AM said...

You know I am almost like you? I have difficulty in admitting any sort of strong emotional attachment...like you know...with men. :| I can tolerate mush, read romance...but if I have to tell it to someone, I would rather sarcasm be my tool. :D Hon, good post and there's nothing wrong with you...for the way you like to hear it...makes sense at least! :D :D

Paanipuri Lover on October 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM said...

@ PeeVee : Hmm, each to his own! If everyone was so unromantic, it would be a dull world, no? So, you are here, to maintain the balance and so am I! :D
@ Suruchi : Thanks for finding plus points, where I find my faults! And yeah, the people who are that mushy, I can't say anything fo them, no reaction! :P :D
@ MSM : *hi5*... Even I'm better with sarcasm! :D And thanks a lot! :D

Mystical Skeptical Me on October 7, 2011 at 9:10 PM said...

Any Day Girl! :D :D

meoww on October 10, 2011 at 3:07 PM said...

hehehe..!! super super :)
and i gather you wouldn't be someone who goes "awwwwwwwww" at every cute-sad-romantic-silly-bla bla bla thing under the sun..!!
hehee..i like your post girl..!
loved the bluntness..no 2 ways about it.:)
its allright to keep your feet firm on the ground and not go head over heels on anythng or anyone..
(though i am sure you will experience atleast one of those conditions sometime..and i guess you wouldn't be able to do much to avoid it..!!)
its lurrrvveee after all..!!!
hehe..!!
till then njoii..!!
cheers..!

Paanipuri Lover on October 12, 2011 at 11:23 AM said...

@ MSM : :D :D
@ Meoww : Yes, I don't go "awwww" at every moment, but some moments do tear me up a little bit! :D :D
Lurrrvvvveee, when happens, we'll see! Cheers! :D

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates