September 25, 2012

"I love you to the moon and back"

Posted by Nirati at 2:22 PM

"Taylor Swift performed a new song,  “Ronan,”  to raise money for patients battling cancer. Her song “Ronan” specifically was intended to draw attention to cancer in children and to tell the story of one little blue-eyed boy.
Maya Thompson, Ronan’s mother, had no idea that when she showed up to one of Taylor Swift’s meet and greets, Taylor would already know who she was. Taylor and her family had been following Maya’s blog about her son’s fight against Neuroblastoma for months, and were devastated to learn that Ronan’s battle with cancer was over; he had died on May 9 2011, just three days short of his fourth birthday.


After reading Maya’s blog, Taylor was inspired to write a tribute, not just to Ronan, but also to children suffering from cancer and their families who support them. In the song, Taylor takes the point of view of Ronan’s mother, Maya, as she grieves her son’s passing. Although the song draws details from Maya and Ronan’s own life, the song is relatable to anyone who has experienced the heartache of losing someone dear to them."

This isn't a funny post. Or a story. Or an anecdote.
I just wanted to share this story, and this song with all of you people who read DOV.

I am a huge Taylor fan but this song isn't about her, it's about this 3 year old boy, and his mother. And I swear to God, this made me bawl my eyes out.

It's sad. The beautiful kind of sad.
Rest in peace Ronan. :]

P.S : If any of you are the 'buy-all-songs-on-iTunes-person' , do buy this song as all the proceeds shall go towards charity.


Love 

4 comments:

C.S.H on September 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM said...

Oh my goodness.. there are no words to describe how beautiful that little boy is and how emotional that song is. My husband just woke up too and caught me bawling at the kitchen table.. and the words that got me were, "Come on baby, we're gonna fly away!" I'm sorry but this is absolutely heart wrenching.

Sonshu on September 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM said...

When I first heard this song, it was the day it released I guess. And when I came to know of the story, it brought tears.

As you said. Beautiful sad song.

Anonymous said...

His eyes color <3... :)

visit my blog--> A Happier Life

Smita on October 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM said...

its good to have such posts here :-) thanks for the post

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates