July 3, 2014

To Do Or Not To Do

Posted by Deepa at 11:21 AM
I'm in such a juncture of my life where on one side I have "happily" married or pretend to be happily married couples..and on the other side I have late 20's and 30 somethings singles..

Well, I have always been a very patient listener to all my buddies...
Reason? simple..i love to listen to the saga's other people's life..Basically I love gossip.

I  am perfectly happy with my "i-dunno-whats-happening" relationship status until my 30 something spinster girl buddy make a "Droopy dog" like face and rants saying
"Dee, I want to get married"
"Dee, I need a companion"
"Dee, its high time you settle down before your biological clock stops ticking"
"Dee, settle down with who ever comes along...your too old to stick to your checklist"

I mean..woahhh..ok..I know you are going nuts and paranoid..but please don't let it get on to others...you make me feel like a lonely old lady with a black cat in a mansion that's always dark and lightening falling only on my mansion...

Why cant you see the happy part of your life?
No responsibilities...No one to answer...Attention from every eligible/not eligible opposites..
Besides marriage is just a legal license for sex...and babies...love comes when you  both are like 40 or 50 only (its a proven fact)..

Then I have my "married" buddies of every stage i.e. newly married, 2 years married, married with toddlers, married and pregnant....you get the picture right..

They drool all over me talking about exotic vacations....the "romp"...the shopping...and also whine about
"i loved my single life"..
"i hate to get up in the morning and cook"
"my kid keeps crying all night"
"sorry i cant come for the night out like before ya...you know my mishtarr doesn't like it" things...

And that.....makes me feel that I am missing out on something...or am i really missing anything at all?

but then for some reason I'm least bothered about both kinds of buddies...wondering why?

Maybe I'm so saturated with both that my head has stopped responding either of them...
Have made peace with myself...whooosssaaaaaa.....

I feel so blessed now..Or maybe I am in a simple denial mode

Dialogs for my kinda state
1. Duniya gai tel lagane..
2. Bhaad mei jaaye...
3. mara jaa...
4. To hell with it..
5. Yeah..ok..well...huh...what?

12 comments:

Zeebs on July 4, 2014 at 1:46 AM said...

So true. It's funny because I get the same from my friends- and theres no two ways about it. People just want what they don't have

Deepa on July 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM said...

:D yeah..isnt it like that always

Ph_ on July 5, 2014 at 4:53 AM said...

Sharing my views when my friends of both category blab the same way:
Marriages have proven to be more stressful that women choose to be stable, independent and single.
Love your freedom (y)

Deepa on July 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM said...

Its the saying 'shadi ka ladoo jo khaye vo pachtaye,jo na khaaye vo lalchaye"

maithili on July 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM said...

You are awesome girl ! When it has to happen, it will happen , no pressures. Women are not reproductive machines and it irks me when people talk of biological clock. As if producing a kid would be the end of all problems we have! Be the way you are, chilled and happy :D

Deepa on July 7, 2014 at 12:23 PM said...

Maithili baby girl, its all about balancing. These days biological clock is just to scare women. That might really be an issue but its not the ultimate..besides having a baby is not everythungy.. taking care of if well is another huge aspect

Keirthana on July 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM said...

Both sides have certain pros and cons. It's human tendency to crib. People who crib about single life crib about married life once the marriage effect sinks in and People who are single might feel that they are missing out on something. Truth is balancing as you said. Enjoy whichever phase you are in. And god, please tell your buddy to not talk about the b clock ticking and all. Being a girl, she mustn't be thinking like this.

Bikram on July 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM said...

yess whooooosaaaaaa whooooossssaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i guess both sides have their advantage and disadvantage the question what one is comfortable in :)

Bikram

Deepa on July 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM said...

Keirthana you are right. Grass is always greener on the other side.
I hope she learns on her own.

Deepa on July 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM said...

I guess once you get into the role you automatically get comfortable

Narayani Karthik on September 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM said...

There is pleasure in both sides....but only if one chooses to look at it that way! I have enjoyed my bachelorette life as much as I am enjoying now, as a wife and a mother.. That said, Marriage brings a sense of responsibility which is not a bad thing. There is a rush in life and there are more things to do than two hands can handle. But I guess, that is the thrill of life.....juggling tasks and still enjoying life :) There are pros and cons to every phase of life. The best part is to enjoy the present without speculating too much on how life could be after marriage or before. And then, what others undergo in their lives, need not be your story right? Every one's life is unique. So, one might as well needs to have his own perception about things in life, rather than getting influenced by others. Basically, you just need to see things 'your' way :) Just my two cents :)

A good post by the way..... :)

Deepa on September 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM said...

:)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates