March 16, 2015

Confessions: I am rich, I want to be wealthy

Posted by Deepa at 4:09 PM
I'm 30 (Yes! I don't feel the need to lie about me age because I feel sexier than ever). That's not the point here.

I came here to pen the thoughts that I am having for a while now.
Like every typical human being, who is running a rat-race called life, I did my Grad then Post Grad and got a lucrative job in a creme position, that pays something.

For me, money has never been a priority. Its important but was never topped my list
Off late I see people of my age or younger with so much materialistic pleasures.
Now I see myself wishing that I had more.

People say inner peace is important, but what if I already have inner peace.
What if I want materialistic pleasures now?

Like I am here, trying to save peanut skins out of the peanut size salary, and there I see people spending shit loads on things that they don't need.
I know a girl, who buys things from designer dresses to cars to compete with her peers and many a times doesn't even use those things, just throws it in 2 months.
And here I am, I use clothes for atleast a year, and keep it as a night-suit after it totally worn out

I don't want to think before spending.
I want to buy what i feel like instead of sighing and consoling myself 'Next month pakka i shall buy that"
I want to take a loan not because I need it I want to take a loan to save taxes
I don't want to give up all my pleasures once I start paying a big EMI
I want to take a vacation without planning a budget
I want a designer home, and not a DIY home
I want those fancy looking lights, a fountain and 3 maids to take care of my house.
I want to buy those organic stuff that are three times more priced than normal stuff
I want to go to Bora Bora and not drop my jaws seeing the ticket and the stay price
I want to work as a hobby and not just for money (though i love my job but in the end of the day its money)

When I stand in a petrol bunk, I see an Audi or a land cruiser, I do not see cars, I automatically see the down payment of the house I so wished was mine.

I went to a Louie Vuitton showroom out of curiosity and asked for the price of a dumb looking clutch. The attendant refused to tell me the price, it was insulting. it was as if "dude, you really think you can afford it?"
I was a bitch enough to not leave the store until I knew the price. And no surprises here, that dumb looking clutch was Rs. 59000/-
I mean I have no purse, worth a 5 digit figure.

I want to be wealthy

I want my signature to be an autograph

I know rich and wealthy is different.
I have a rich life, love, family, peace, smiles...now I want money too

6 comments:

Destination Infinity on March 16, 2015 at 5:10 PM said...

Out of all those ideas, I think only the buying organic stuff idea is sensible! But of course, sensibilities change depending on where one is and what they do.

Deepa on March 16, 2015 at 5:34 PM said...

materialistic pleasures neednt be sensible. the most insane stuff like jumping out of a private jet is materialistic pleasure but not a sensible one.

Keirthana on March 16, 2015 at 9:11 PM said...

I won't say having such materialistic pleasures is wrong but if we lose sight of what we have and what we actually need, then there's the problem coming in.

Come on, seriously even if I had the money I wouldn't buy a clutch worth 59K. I mean there are people who would give up their life if their family could get 59K. So on a fantasy basis, all this is fine. But when we do a reality check, I would say, "No, I am happy where I am, paying my EMI and thinking before spending."

This is my opinion. That's all :)

Deepa on March 16, 2015 at 10:53 PM said...

i want to live my fantasy, i want feel what it feels to have a huge bank balance
its not about not being happy with what we have it about desiring for more and finally ending up smiling with what you have
59k might be super huge for someone, even me included, but for someone 59k is just nothing, i want to be that someone one day

Boisterous Bee on April 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM said...

Hahaha.. What a lovely and honest post you've written.. everyone desires all of it.. at some point or the other.. you just penned down..!! I enjoyed reading it :)

Cheers

Lips n Berries on April 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM said...

Ahhh the dilemma! and it always comes when you look at others. I tend to remind myself of all the things I have and not focus on negativity. Coz negativity ruins everything..peace of mind the most! But it doesn't hurt to have the belief that you'll be there one day. HOPE is a powerful mood booster. Isn't it? Lovely post hun.

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates