November 1, 2012

Drip Drop

Posted by Keirthana at 8:02 PM
The climate has been awesome for the past few days in Bangalore. Monsoons have been blessing us more often. However, I am not able to enjoy it as I used to way back in college. For me, getting wet in the rain should be like free of all worries. I should be able to enjoy it without worrying about saving my smart phone which is not so smart to survive a few droplets of rain water. :( Life has become so serious.  Back in college, I never used to have umbrellas. Whenever it rains, I used to give away my books to those who don't like to get wet and hence carry umbrellas always and go all the way from college to hostel mentally dancing and physically grinning about the sheer beauty of nature, which blooms with the droplets of heaven.

Rains have always been special to me. I literally have a folder full of pics from my college days when all of us went up to the terrace during every downpour and danced around without a single worry in life. But today, I am in a different place and a different person, I get all that. But when it rains, I still find that child in me bouncing up and down wanting to go back to that era. Sadly, I am just not able to do it - oh god, I have to cover my new phone, oh god, I have to protect my watch, oh god, if I get wet and catch a cold now, I have to take off from office which is impossible, oh god, I have a load of works waiting for me back home and hence I can't afford to get all wet which would just increase my over-towering workload - Some or the other comes up like this and even if I do come out of all these, I miss company. Rains are enjoyed best when you have company who sees them just as you see. There is none at all around me like that now. Sometimes, it makes me feel like I am the one who is kiddish and I start wondering if I have to grow up.

Why did life have to become so serious? Why can't we just take a break and go off some place nice just for the sheer merriment. Why can't I come back home for one day without any worries about me going for a change in my employment or about the settlements in my current company or about the family issues that need to be attended to or about the ever-growing to-do list? Is this what it is to be like a grown-up? All responsibilities and no fun? Hey, I am all for taking responsibility in life, but when it happens like that's all you get, it winds me up a little. Have we lost the innocence of childhood? I don't want to lose that part of me which I love very much.

How do you fellas feel? Is it me handling this whole thing the wrong way?

Until later,

P.S: Going on a holiday for a fortnight before I join my new company. Hope it helps me recover some of my lost merriment. Will be back after Diwali. So, my warm wishes to everyone in advance for the festival of lights. Have fun this November and fellas, if you can help it, please avoid crackers. Save the world for the next generation :)

2 comments:

L.Guruprasad on November 2, 2012 at 10:05 AM said...

I see advertising/spyware popup dialog every now and then here on DoV. Bad!

Eyes-speak on November 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM said...

Soo true...
Every passing day you have more and more issues to handle. Job, career, work, marriage, housework, etc etc...
Wish we could have actually remained kids only, having fun in small small things with our friends...

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates