December 19, 2012

Let the world end..

Posted by maithili at 5:47 PM
              At the beginning of this month, when I put out the topic for the month, I had a plan in mind. I do not know if the world will end anytime soon but I would like to be prepared to face it. No regrets, no unspoken words, no hard feelings and surrender to the mystic fate.
             My average day consisted of
  • Getting up and hurrying through the morning routine and rush to the college.
  • Sit through the lectures, stand through the practicals
  • Rush to catch the train back home
  • Come home and sit in front of the laptop
  • Have dinner and sleep
           In between, the only thought that weighed on my mind was "What do I eat?"
           It's tough to make a choice when the tongue and waist run in the opposite direction. Where every yielding to tongue invites widening waistline. 
           My routine was pretty much mediocre and yet it left me little space to breath. To do what gives me happiness. To have enough energy left to do anything than sit in front of the laptop! 
           The last month of this year, I dedicated to myself :P 
           I joined the library again. I shop more often. I give more time to matching my clothes with my hair clip :P 
           
       So this month my day consists of:
  • Getting up a little later than before and doing stuff at leisure..
  • Getting into the bus and listening to music
  • Reading my book in train
  • Reaching college half an hour early and chitchatting 
  • Sitting through lectures and standing through practicals (cant change this :P)
  • Coming home and watching Grey's anatomy
  • Checking on mails and reading blogs
  • Dinner
  • A walk alone in the night :P Singing aloud the songs playing on the radio :P
  • Going home and getting the clothes and bag ready for the next day ( that's how I wake up late and still reach college early :D :D ) 


      Besides I made a pact that I will eat all my favorite food by 21st Dec :P So I have been gratifying my taste buds and loving it :D 

     This month has been fun. 
     Meeting school friends and close buddies.
     Going out with the college gang.
     Having deep conversations about matters never talked about.
     Discovering the joy of being shouted at  by my nephew :P 
     
     On the other hand, I have heard about the gravest crimes being committed in this world which we so fear to leave. 
     A four year old girl molested and penetrated by finger by her autowala (They call it just molestation seriously???)
     A 67 year old senior citizen raped
     A 23 year old girl gang raped and left to die. 
     Women killed for administering polio vaccine.
     Children killed in school by a gunman.
     and these are just the ones that are highlighted in newspapers. What ghastly crimes might be going unreported, I dread to think.

     As I type this post, several worlds are getting destroyed. Not by the fury of nature but by the perverted minds. Suddenly the 2012 movie looks more brighter than the reality. The optimist might think that things will change. I don't. No law can work effectively in a place where a strong punishment to 99% of the guilty will be withheld because of the 1% cases which are fake. Stronger laws yes. What will you do about the 1% where people take advantage of the law and trap the innocent? 1% might be a small number and what difference will it make until that 1% contains your kin? 
    
     Yes I m ready. Let the world end. 
     
                               

6 comments:

Revathi Muthukumar on December 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM said...

Nice one :) Let the world end :)

Nisha on December 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM said...

If this is what the world is coming to, yes, let the world end.

Unknown on December 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM said...

Let the world end? But what about all the good stuff?

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 22, 2012 at 4:23 AM said...

hmm.. Doesn't look like we have any choice in the matter but to live on and do our duty.

Keirthana on December 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM said...

When we look at all the good stuff, it feels like we have so much yet to do. But as you said, what's with the crimes? Do we really wanna live in such a heinous world? I would say no. I have been optimistic for long enough but I'd agree with you and say let it happen. Then again, it's beyond us :(

Smita on January 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM said...

Lol... Loved the day details n M.O.D :-P:-P:-P

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates