January 28, 2013

The Usual We !

Posted by Smita at 4:08 PM
It had been a usual blue Monday so far.
Who feels like waking up early   Monday Morning to go to office after a lovely Sunday.
Lovely Sunday included long bike rides, Pasta,  Race – 2 movie (Alright, I only enjoyed the dresses and my fav song ‘Lat lag gayi’) and KFC Zing –Kong box.

But somehow, you cannot escape the whole office cycle, unless and until you are planning to go for higher studies or you are planning to leave project (or being thrown out of it – depends)

So, the lazy Monday started.
Somehow got up and prepared myself for work.
Reached office.
Opened my stupid Desktop.
Connected to Microsoft Exchange (read Outlook)
Waited for my TL nad assign me some work. (I really hoped for work today)
But eventually all failed.

No work.
No fun.

Sitting idle, a fellow team member came and we went for lunch.
Boring lunch.


The usual round of talks (read gossip, bitching, mocking) was going on.
The usual round of eating ( read snatching or envying what other had ordered ).
The usual stuff was going on.

Suddenly I felt like vomiting.
The body temperature had gone up.
I was all boiling sitting there in the shade.
(Okay, I was having a bad throat since morning and  a bit exhausted too)

I decided to go to wellness room.
The forehead, the hands, everything made me believe I was having fever.
I got the doctor to check my temperature.
While the thermo-meter was in my mouth, recording the body’s heat, I was preparing in my mind to leave office early.
Fever being first reason for my TL to send me off earlier and no work being the second.

But then, the doctor’s word made it all disappear.
“It’s normal”.
I was not disappointed (I swear to GOD )
I came back to my workstation smiling (as I didn’t want to give my parents another reason as fever to worry about me today).
And believe it or not, but still the body was tired, the temperature was there but now the sad depressing feeling of fever was gone after hearing her words “It’s normal”.

The human mind is just so simple to control I must say!
We feel good the moment we are told we are fine.
And we feel depressed the moment we are made to realize that.

4 comments:

Nuha Nasim on January 28, 2013 at 8:54 PM said...

I have gone through the same. It is so weird, I must say.

And how are you now? :)

Smita on January 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM said...

Agreed. I mean how easily brain believes what we want to make it believe.

I am fine now. Sick but I keep telling myself that I am fine. :-P

Keirthana on February 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM said...

Human mind and its antics... Ah... It is the easiest to control when you know what to do and otherwise, it is the one that gives you the hardest time. :)

Smita on February 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM said...

Agree with you.

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates