June 16, 2013

A raindrop on my cheek

Posted by My Cactus Dress at 1:24 PM
You ever felt so cold, you had to put on your woolen socks, wear the warmest sweats, put on a hoodie and rush to the bed, to envelop yourself in a soft, warm, fluffy blanket? You could feel your body dissolving under the covers like butter melting on a toast. You hear a very delicate sound of someone playing Hotel California on their acoustic guitar, next door. A cloud just thundered with an echo. You peek outside the window to watch the sky drizzle, like a shower of tiny diamonds.
You watch a leaf bow a little, after catching the first drop and getting back at its posture to drench completely, crafting tiny beads on itself. A graceful bird just flew under the tree, sat on the branch and flapped its wings. The wind is being the maestro and playing a symphony on your wind chimes. Your apple-cinnamon candle just blew off, leaving a trail of sweet, mushy scent.

Just when you are sensing the moist chilly breeze in your eyes, your loved one comes to offer you a hot cup of coffee with a kiss. You feel the warmth of the cup in your cold hands and experience every vein getting warm again. The gushing wind sways your hair and leave tiny droplets on your cheeks. 
You turn on the television, to see your favorite movie just getting started. You melt more in to your blanket, rest your back on the spongy pillow and take the first sip of your hot coffee. 

Yes.... that. That feeling....

You ever felt that?



10 comments:

My Cactus Dress on June 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM said...

And I just realized, this was the 300th post!! Yayy!..

Confused Soul on June 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM said...

wow..what a feeling :)

My Cactus Dress on June 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM said...

@Confused Soul - Did you happen to have a black background before. I named my blog 'A Walk Across the Bridge' too and somehow came across your's. I changed it immediately. I was a noob then, though. It's strange how we crossed path again.
Check this, I even wrote about you - http://mycactusdress.blogspot.com/2012/10/name-matters.html

Ire on June 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM said...

This is such a lovely post and so apt for the season! Loved reading it and it warmed my heart :)

Deepa on June 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM said...

I felt every line of it...sitting at work..there was a cozy warmth that enveloped me until....my email pinged...

Gayathri Baskaran on June 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM said...

Wow, that was one very good post! i was able to feel it as i read through...

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on June 18, 2013 at 8:08 AM said...

Loved it... :)

maithili on June 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM said...

Yes, yes I feel exactly the same reading these lines :) By the way I m actually melting away in my cozy bed :P Its super awesome weather outside and to be reading this is delightful. Now all I need is coffee :D

Keirthana on June 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM said...

Ah that feeling... Heavenly!

Ph_ on June 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM said...

Ah! It is a beautiful beautiful description and yes, I've felt the rain and monsoon season this way :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates