February 1, 2014

But, he said "I love you"

Posted by Deepa at 4:00 PM
12th December 2009
I am sitting here staring at the computer screen.
An email open in front of me.
To anyone else it would look like just another email. For me it was different
It was the wedding card of the man I loved the most.
The man I have dreamt of living a life with every waking hour.
It gave a very bitter taste in my mouth to read someone elses name in the place where I have pictured mine to be.
There was a link of wedding website in the email too.
They say "curiosity kills the cat". This time it hit me real hard and I opened the site "Mayan Goya weds Ishjal Frakha" was written in big bole cursive letters
Beneath the title was the story of how they met.
I realised, the man who promised me love, promised it to someone else too.
The places, their meeting points mentioned there were the places where we held hands and promised togetherness.
The way he proposed her was they way I had described my dream proposal to him.
There was a picture of them holding hands, hugging, him kissing her forehead.

A bile rose in my stomach.
I wanted to throw up all the bottled emotions that have rotted without proper nurturing.
Its a weird feeling knowing soon he will officially be a husband. ...someone elses husband
I want to scream out loud, I want to shed every unshed tear, I want to rip off every emotion I have for him, I want him to know that he has hurt me real bad, I want him to know am breaking inside
But, I sit here silently penning down my feelings.

19th January 2014

Now, stumbling over this letter hidden in between my files makes me feel how dumb I was then
Why did I cry over someone who wasn't worth anything
Karma is a darling when she is on your side,
But, it surely doesnt make me a bitch when I get this sadistic pleasure to hear that he is going through a traumatic divorce because she was caught cheating on him.
Maybe this is what is called 'What goes around comes around"


Image Courtesy: Google Images

29 comments:

Unknown on January 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM said...

wuhhuuu! What goes around comes around! True! :) nicely written! :)

Deepa on January 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM said...

Thabk you Radhika :-)

Deepa on January 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM said...

Thabk you Radhika :-)

Canary on January 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM said...

Yes, I guess sometimes we have to just trust the universe... :)

Deepa on January 29, 2014 at 6:27 PM said...

Someone up there loves us and makes the universe do things that are perfect for us.Amen
Thanks canary

Pratikshya on January 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM said...

yes, unexpected twists and turns happen...

Rupasi on January 29, 2014 at 6:30 PM said...

Oh God!!!
I don't want my love story to end up like this... though I am 99% sure this is what will happen with me (difference being that the guy hasn't said those three words to me)... it is definitely heartbreaking...

Namrata on January 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM said...

Wow! You gave Karma a new definition. Nice write up. :)
I have also loved someone who has never looked back at me. I can feel it inside my ribs while reading your story. :)

Deepa on January 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM said...

That is life..isnt it

Deepa on January 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM said...

We pray that you would never go through a heartbreak dear
Amen

Deepa on January 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM said...

Karma is a darling coz we are :-D

Deepa on January 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM said...

Everyone goes through a Heartbreak atleast once in life.
I think it just makes us stronger and makes us realise why it never worked with anyone else when u find your real mate

WordsPoeticallyWorth on January 31, 2014 at 7:00 PM said...

Oh, a 'but'! a nice phrase.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

Aditi Ray on February 1, 2014 at 4:35 PM said...

so true... karma is like a rubber band.... it stretches very long...and gives u the feeling that whatever u r doing is going unnoticed, until one fine day, it comes back and smacks u in the face for everything u thought went unnoticed !
and my friend says, 'sometimes it takes something really bad for something really good to happen!' and I believe in that completely...
so good luck to u ! :)
keep writing darling !

KParthasarathi on February 1, 2014 at 6:51 PM said...

The saving grace in this two timer's life is he was paid back in his own coin.

Deepa on February 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM said...

Thanks Andrew

Deepa on February 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM said...

Aditi cent percent agree with you and your friend
You get all what you deserve in the right time
You might feel, cheated and depressed but some day you will bask in the glory of getting back everything you lost
Thanks for reading sweety

Deepa on February 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM said...

Parthasarathi that was bound to happen some day isnt it?

The Purple Assassin. on February 3, 2014 at 12:57 AM said...

love. karma. that's too much to be living with!

Deepa on February 3, 2014 at 1:25 AM said...

Some facts of life they are

Smita on February 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM said...

Yea....karma is a darling and bitch at the same time...one just has to beliwve in its existence for it to work.
We can lie and hide our wrong doings from humans but not from God and for every wrong doing there is a punishment
interestibg post

Deepa on February 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM said...

Totally agree
Someone up there sees everything we do, good and bad alike

Deepa on February 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM said...

True ashwini, depends on which side we are on

AVY on February 9, 2014 at 2:44 AM said...

As time goes by we learn, mostly how we wasted energy on things that really didn't matter at all.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Deepa on February 9, 2014 at 6:51 PM said...

True that, time makes us realize our dumb mistake

Rajesh on February 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM said...

True poetic justice. Not every story ends like this one. For some, the pangs of separation stays a lifetime.

Deepa on February 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM said...

Rajesh, Life is just...justice might be delayed but it is never unfair

Jyotsna Bhatia on February 27, 2014 at 6:09 PM said...

Whoaa.. Karma is truly truly a darling ;)

Deepa on February 27, 2014 at 6:33 PM said...

Jyotsna :) it surely is

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates