March 9, 2014

Thank YOU

Posted by CookieCrumbsInc. at 9:26 PM
Getting blamed for his mistakes. Covering for his lazy ass when he is in trouble. Quickly scribbling down answers to his homework just so he won’t get punished. Funding his slightly under-the-table activities without mom’s knowledge. Bhai-dooj and rakshabandhan. Showing him off proudly to all your friends when he suddenly grows three feet taller than you. He has always been that annoying brother-fly buzzing in your ear but a buzz that you love with unparalled intensity.

***

Big, bear hugs. Annoying PJs. Bird-watching together. Only person who is allowed to criticize the boyfriend. Making fun of your poor taste in fashion. Having your back when the boss is pisssssed. Calling you one of the bros and punching you like you are one. Making deals to get work done. Competitive. Laughter. Well-timed jokes. Food. The solid presence of a bestie that you will be lucky to keep around for a lifetime.

***

Jostling for space in front of the mirror when you are running late for work. The sudden hug that comes out of the blue to shoo away your blues. A concern about the number of glances your hemline is going to draw. Stubbly, scratchy kisses that chafe your cheek. Broad shoulders that take the weight off your sagging ones. The slight temperature that has you worried out of your mind. He is the better half, who makes you want to be better.

***

We hear about women being abused and raped and hurt and we cringe, we die a little and we send up prayers. And then we thank the Almighty heartily for sending some angels who have taken it upon themselves to keep you safe, who love you enough to flay alive anyone who threatens your happiness.

This Women’s Day I thank all the men in my life, all of them. 

I thank them for not eroding my self-esteem, for egging me on to strive for more, for better, for believing that I can do much better, for not judging me when I fail, for protecting me, for not hurting me, for lending wings to my dreams, for just being there. 

Thanks to them, I am the woman I want to be.



11 comments:

T.M.Naresh on March 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM said...

Wow calling Men Angels is so sweet!

Soumya on March 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM said...

Wow PeeVee so deep and meaningful this one was!

I totally love all the men in my life who make me feel so safe! :)

Mirage on March 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM said...

What a wonderful post! In the fight against the wrongdoers, we forget about the men who stand with us and for us. Kudos to them!

Rupasi on March 10, 2014 at 6:19 PM said...

You forgot to mention the most important of all ~ DAD!!!

CookieCrumbsInc. on March 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM said...

@ Naresh, I'm lucky to have them, so angels they are :)
@ Soumya, thaaank you!
@ Mirage, kudos, indeed :)
@ Thinker, men in MY life, love :)

Rupasi on March 11, 2014 at 12:18 AM said...

Shit I am so sorry! I thought it was a general post! Truly I am sorry!

CookieCrumbsInc. on March 11, 2014 at 11:16 AM said...

Ah, don't be :)

Deepa on March 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM said...

Wooww when I read them I could picture my little bro, my bestie naveen and my boyfriend
I wish you would have written a peice for daddy too
Its beautiful and kept me smiling all along

Keirthana on March 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM said...

Very beautifully written and meaningfully dedicated on women's day. The men in my life are the reason I believe there are some angels out there to guard us in the jungle.

monica on March 17, 2014 at 11:40 PM said...

I am glad that you have such wonderful Men in your life who have never chopped your wings and let you taste the true essence of life in the best ways..:)
Kudos to them,,:)
It's really nice of you make such a beautiful mention of the often belittled men species, at least not all of them are like that.:D :)

Sameera on March 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM said...

It was indeed very well written. Took me back to the lane of beautiful memories. Definitely, it is about the life in our men.

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates