September 19, 2013

Fifty Five Words

Posted by Nirali Naik at 1:26 PM

I know I haven't really been active here and the guilt is killing me, so here I am. These are a few 55 word theme based stories I had written in the last one year. I hope you guys like them :)

Skyscraper
Being an architect Vikram was always attracted to buildings . This was no ordinary building though , the tallest in the world . A hub of activity in the heart of New York.  Who could have guessed he would meet his end under the debris of this beautiful building he had once helped design , the World Trade Center.

Red
I see the girl trying to fit in, plump figure and glasses. The pinafore of her uniform is always slipping off one shoulder and her smile is always wry.I want to tell her that a lot of things are going to be like the red walls in her room. They'll sound better than they look.

Sexy

While ogling at katrina kaif dancing on chikni chameli the whole theatre rang with whistles and claps . Just then Sia said " Maa Katrina is so sexy na " . Hearing a 5 year old use that word , Amita was taken aback and asked how she knew it. " Daddy calls you that no when you dance for him. ? " Kids!!

Chaos
He had abandoned the world. After her death he left, no one knew where to. He didn't sing anymore , he didn't play his guitar. He just lay longing for silence. He is heard to drink the whiskey each day but the intoxication doesn't get him anymore. The chaos is within , and it won't leave him.

Disappointment

"I love her Maa"
Reema's words rang in her mother's ears. Ree, her lovely girl, loved another woman. She couldn't understand how that could be. She wasn't raised this way. All the sleepovers were becoming clearer now. My daughter and love a woman , what a disappointment she thought as she put a garland over Reema's photo.

Sight
"You are beautiful" he said .
 She turned a crimson red and looked away to avoid his face. 
"How do you know ?" she asked fetching for compliments. " My eyes , are they pretty or my face ? " . 
He remained silent , picked up his dark glasses and reached for his cane. 
"Those I can't see, I see what is inside you." 

PS: Just as a suggestion how does a round of 55 word stories sound? We can decide on a theme and compile one post for the contributions from all the Darlings!

-BluBluBling

3 comments:

Smita on September 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM said...

Awesome. Love the concept. We can have a marathon of 55 word stories !

songbird on September 25, 2013 at 2:08 PM said...

This is such a creative idea! Though these stories have only 55 words, they have effectively portrayed the meaning of infinite words. I absolutely love the themes, so beautifully written, and the effect just sort of leaves you there lingering, wanting more. I would love to read a whole novel filled with these stories of yours, they are just that wonderful.

maithili on September 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM said...

That's a great idea!

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates