September 9, 2013

The Fake Gems

Posted by My Cactus Dress at 3:16 AM
Even after entering the adulthood, there still exist some stubborn childish screams on certain events. For me, it's when I am lying sick in my bed and the time comes to gulp down those disastrous pills.

The pills with their angelic and gem like appearance tries their best to charm me nevertheless fails miserably. I knew behind the enchanting mask somewhere lays a hideous tasting devil which makes my taste buds cry for help.

Pills were always like an enemy to me. I hated them from the day I saw them first. I always thought they make you sicker. They stink. Their smell make my nose die a hundred times.  Even after avoiding them to my best, when the time approaches to consume them, my mind is replaced with an Einstein's. Ideas pop up and I try them:

Disposing in the sink

Shoving it out of the window..

Putting them back where they came from..

Dropping them in the flower vase..

Burying under my pillow (I was CAUGHT here!)

Consequently trying my hand on many such ideas, I started attracting supervisors during my medicine-taking process. Their eyeballs targeted the pills, making sure they reach their destiny.

During my recent sickness, situation for me turned out to be pensive. They were not one or two.. They were 7. Yes SEVEN! Again beautiful like gems, but devils, enormous DEVILS. I could hear my taste buds cry for help.

The first day I planned popping them one after the other. After a lengthy stare, long avoidance, I knew I had to do it. Eyeballs were angry, targeting. Fighting with my desire of just throwing them away somewhere, I displayed my act of bravery.

The ruby gem was like a vamp of an action movie, beautiful but, still an enemy. Topaz looked vulnerable but was strong enough to stab me in my throat. There was a one with black color. Guess the only black thing in the world I hated. With every pill down my throat my nose and head wrinkled. It made my face gave an expression, even a child would pity. Nothing can be bitterer; nothing can be so merciless than them. Filling all of them in a revolver and shooting my head seemed to be a more tempting idea. The scary capsule at the end surprisingly turned out to be the friendliest. Ignoring the size, it left no taste. And I finally completed the toughest job of my life.

The next day, I had horrible but a better idea, gulping all of them together. The only advantage-they could make my tongue cry just once. This time the eyeballs were confused, deciding which one to target as I had all of them in my palm together. They thought I was trying to be tricky but, I was a warrior that day, defeating all my enemies in one single shot.

Feeling proud on my idea, I stuffed them in my mouth and drank half a glass of water. At the very next moment I repented on my stupid idea. The stubborn devils never went down. They played all possible games in my mouth. They were playing their sagas in every corner. I forgot the most cliché lesson of my childhood "United we stand, divided we FALL."

I had a face of a soldier who had just lost a war. Another half a glass of water and I forced them to disperse. One by one they started sliding through my straw-size food pipe. The ruby vamp, the vulnerable topaz, the ruthless sapphire, the moronic black,  the bitter orange, the gentleman capsule and the pathetic white one which rested on my tongue for a little longer because of no coating and left the most outrageous taste before sliding down to my belly.

The war was over. I had an urge to throw up but, I didn't. I offered apologies to my taste buds for making them suffer because of my stupid idea. I could feel the dance of victory inside my belly.


 

Gems disappeared, water glass empty, eyeballs smiling and myself thinking of new strategies for the next day. 
I still get fear-attack when I see pills. Their size changes, color changes and smell changes with times but, one event that never changes, the only best thing about pills.....

Sometimes to bribe me, sometimes to bring a smile on my wrinkly face, the army of good looking and good tasting food my momma lines up after the pill-session!

6 comments:

maithili on September 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM said...

So you are the reason I have to study all those techniques to increase patient compliance ^-^
drink a little water and place the pills at the distal end of your tongue.. then drain them !

Deepa on September 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM said...

hahahaha this was kinda cute :)

Deepa on September 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM said...

maithili topic of the month

Smita on September 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM said...

Hahahaha....very nice of words there !

But a black pill ! Strange and amazing :-P

My Cactus Dress on September 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM said...

@Maithili.. so you are a doctor. Then you would start hating me too.. all docs hate me. I ruin their prescriptions.
@Dee Dee - Thank you.
@smita - Thank you. Yeah black as a coal. Just the sight of it gives me a fever.

maithili on September 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM said...

Nope not a doctor :P Pharmacist!

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates