May 2, 2012

I like it small

Posted by Spaceman Spiff at 12:13 PM
Size matters.

Does it, really?

Of course it does!

And no, it’s not the ‘bigger the better’ kinda matters. In my case, ‘the smaller, the better’.

Now put your perverted minds to rest. And read on.

By now, you all (or the four of you who read my blog regularly :/) must be quite familiar with my weight-issues, right? Alright, for those who are not- I used to be super-skinny all my life. Like, really thin. Maybe because of all the asthma medicines that I took as a child, I never used to put on weight. I was flat-chested till I was about 15, and my wrists used to bear an uncanny resemblance to dry twigs. My parents tried everything from Chyavanaprash to vitamin tablets to god-knows-what-and-all to plump me up. They were getting rather tired of being asked “Don’t you give her anything to eat?” Even after I got into college, no one used to believe that I’m not in school anymore. I never even used to check my weight, because I knew it would never cross 50. Heck, it never even hit 50. It was always at 49.

Since my metabolism was super-fast, and I didn’t put on weight no matter what, I never used to worry about what I ate. I was, and still am, a major foodie. I find comfort and joy in food.

Anyways, sometime before my 25th b’day, others started commenting on how I was putting on weight. I obviously did not notice because, you know, I see myself every day, so I didn’t really notice a change. My clothes were getting a little too comfy, but I didn’t give much bhaav to that, thinking (and secretly hoping) that they probably shrank.

Then it reached a point where EVERYONE started telling me that I was putting on weight, and some of my best-fitting clothes refused to move below my head. When I went home, everybody was surprised to see me. They had never thought that they would live to see the day when I would be plump.

Then I checked my weight. It had hit 54. I had gained 5 kilos in just a couple of months.

It was official. My metabolism had finally given up on me.

None of my old clothes fit me. Where earlier, I used to confidently pick up size XS or S without even having to try it on, I was now having to pick up size M. And sometimes, size L, if I wanted it really loose. It was a major blow to my ego.
Me?! Wearing size M?!!! How did I ever reach that level!

I don’t even look at the S and XS now. I go straight for the M.

But in certain brands, like Fabindia and Max, size S of the kurtas fit me perfectly. So now I go for those more, because it gives me an awesome feeling that size S does fit me after all. :)

I know, it sounds sad, but for someone who has been skinny all her life, the size of her clothes do matter. In fact, the S-er the better.

I’m trying my best to get back to my old shape now. My aim is to hit 50-51. And hopefully, I will soon. It’s not about others calling me fat anymore (yes, I did get called fat). It’s about me wanting to look good and in good shape.

Size S and XS, run all you want, because sooner or later, I’m gonna fit into you.

10 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. on May 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM said...

-_- so what do you say to someone who has always been size M and loves food more than she will ever love her waistline?

Zeebs on May 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM said...

<< perpetually an obese character in my mind. Tell me what works! :)

Shreya on May 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM said...

Waistlines come and go...but the pleasure of food.......... :D :D :D

maithili on May 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM said...

What would you say about someone who is XL and sometimes some pathetic brand's XXL???
I could hit my dream figure if only I didn't love food so much! I have the worst metabolism.. I eat and it shows!

Unknown on May 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM said...

Can I just say on behalf of all men that the title of this post is terribly misleading. OUR lawyer will be in touch to sue for gross misrepresentation and subsequent dashing of hopes.
:)

vixie on May 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM said...

Dei mental..54 is FAT it seems..
get some sense okay...
i be someone who will put even at the mere mention of food and the whiff of some exotic dish..
sigh....so tired of grappling with these weighty issues..
baaaaaaa...only if the world believed in "inner beauty" as much as it proclaims itself to do so...
sigh...aa..all the very best...may thou achieve thy desired figure soon and may thou have guys eating out of thy hands..
khi khi khi

cheers!!

Spaceman Spiff on May 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM said...

@PeeVee: Well, that's the thing. I've always been size S, so this change is not going down well with me. :/ And even I love food, ok.

@Zeebs: I'll tell you what works if I succeed in reducing some weight. :)

@Shreya: Tru that! :D

@maithili: My metabolism used to be my best buddy. She betrayed me,that bitch. :(

@icyhighs: Precisely the reaction I was aiming for. Yay! :D

@meoww: Gah.. I'm too much of a foodie to let go of food for figure. So, I think I'm gonna be 55 for a loooooong time. :/

deeps on May 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM said...

it depends haha....
the specifications cant be explained for obvious reason

Unknown on May 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM said...

I can totally relate to you on this till the half point, The putting on weight part has not yet happened and I hope it never does, there is a part of eat all you what and don't care appeal to me!

Hope you get back in the game soon!

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on May 9, 2012 at 1:03 AM said...

super... Loved this one. I used to be 49Kg too at one time and Every one used to want to me me plump as well. But now I have got used to the golden medium.. M..

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates