May 8, 2012

Size does matter to me, but in very different ways!

Posted by Keirthana at 7:17 PM
Diving straight into the discussion, I should honestly say that I am as confused as an agnostic about whether or not to believe in god. One time, I would claim that I like things small and then other times, I would go for the grandeur. Talking of weight, I have always been a plump girl and hence wanted to be the opposite. And being a comparatively short girl, I would like that size of me to be much bigger. (The other side is always green, remember?) So, I cannot sway towards small numbers or bigger ones, well, I doubt if anyone can define their life in exactly any one measurement. ;)

While there are so many more factors that I can list out, this weight and height are the most superficial yet nagging aspects and hence tada... :P Ever since I can remember, I have envied those who manage to remain skinny in spite of whatever they eat. Not until later, that I came to know it was not an easy life for them either. I have never been teased or picked upon of being obese but still I was always obsessed with the fact that I am not slim either. In fact, I still am. I am a great foodie and love to eat, especially the whole crazy desire being blown up to extra-ordinary proportions by the fact that my mom is an awesome cook. So the result is plumpness! Hmph!

And speaking of height, I don't know where to start. The fact that my dad has wondered aloud if he should pull my legs while my mom holds my head to make me grow is the most embarrassing thing (But honestly I swear, I am not that short, nor is he that tall to be the one to talk about heights). My height lost me a well-deserved attempt for the Republic Day Parade while I was in NCC. I had everything they needed - Marching, Leadership,  a voice that was like specially trained for commanding ;). But I lacked the minimal height spec that they needed and hence the girl who came second in all other aspects but had the required height took all the glory away from me :( This was when I was in eighth grade, yet I could not come to terms with it.

I still wish I could become a little taller and a little skinnier but life never happens the way you want it, does it? :(

So, what drives you crazy when it comes to size?

Cheers.
Keirthana :)

8 comments:

Wings of Harmony on May 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM said...

Hahahahah, such a nice post!! :D :D I knowww....in my family everyone is tall and slim - and I look adopted. :P :P :D

As you said, you can't always get what you want. I am sorry about the parade. You can give her a parade, next time if you see her. ;) :D

Welcome back! :D

Keirthana on May 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM said...

Thank you MSM! About the parade, I so wish to ;)

Wings of Harmony on May 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM said...

:D :D :D

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on May 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM said...

:D. Don't worry. Good things come in small packets.. :) I felt so embarassed when I had to stand on a brick for all the wedding phots because my husband is a good 6 inches taller than me.

Shreya on May 9, 2012 at 9:48 AM said...

Well...a lot of times I'm taller than most guys around me....so believe me...we never really are satisfied.

P.S. Though come to think of it, I quite like being intimidating!! ;)

Nice post!!!

CookieCrumbsInc. on May 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM said...

A little taller, a little thinner, a little fairer, a little curvier, a little more, a little less... Name one woman who actually thinks she is perfect :)

The trick is to not get too obsessed and keep in mind that there is more to life than superficiality.

Or you could find a man who thinks you're perfect even in a sack :P;)

L.Guruprasad on May 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM said...

"Or you could find a man who thinks you're perfect even in a sack :P;)"

Bulls eye!

Keirthana on May 9, 2012 at 3:09 PM said...

@Sunitha: I think I don't have to stand on a brick for my wedding and I should be satisfied with that ;)

@Shreya:Taller than guys! Wow.. Lucky you!

@PeeVee: You nailed it, as you said, it is hard to find a woman who thinks she is perfect. It is just hard to let go ;)

@Guru: I know!! :P

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates