February 12, 2012

Have I grown up?

Posted by Keirthana at 10:34 PM

I still love Tom & Jerry and would prefer watching it over anything else. :D
I still love animation flicks more than any other movie, even if the latter is by far the most popular one ever filmed.
I still wish I could get those soap solution used to blow bubbles and then go open-mouthed over how beautiful the bubbles were. :)
I still go head over heels in love with Calvin and Hobbes. :)
I still cry and crib if someone doesn't let me have that thing which I want so much.
I would still gladly exchange my blanket for my mom's saree.
I still search for Young World at my office pantry before The Deccan Chronicle or Times of India.
I still strain my eyes to read that kitty corner at the end of Heathcliff comic strip.
I still get excited over getting a new pen and notebook.
I still love Cerelac's/Farex's yummy taste and wish that I could eat it without people calling me crazy.
I still love to go to parks and sit on swings (I have never had the inspiration to swing high though, even as a child. I just wanted to sit on the swings and gently rock back and forth)
I still love that orange candy we used to get for 25p and wish that the local stores would sell that.
I still love lollipops and will happily suck on one while walking down the road, without giving a damn to what others will think of me.
I still hold my big bro's little finger while we walk down a lane. (And I am glad that he lets me do so :) )
I would still gladly give up a bike ride to have a breezy cycle ride down a lane.
I still go Wheeeeeeee over bubble wrap and don't rest until I popped out every one of the bubbles. :)
I still look up at the sky to try to figure out a constellation that I learned in 3rd grade. (No success till now, though :( )
I still love to dream than to wake up.
Have I grown up? What do you think? Is it just me?
Until later,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's perfectly normal.
There's a saying i like 'growing old is mandatory...growing up is optional'
:)

pavani reddy on February 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM said...

glad that i m not the one..i sooo love that 25p orange candy yummm!!!

Priya Chilamkurthi on February 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM said...

I am in! Especially with the celerac. I still have the rice flavor with me :-)

Upasana on February 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM said...

I totally agree with Aatish! Growing up is optional ! Its a good thing that we can keep the child in us alive! Its not only you Keirthana!! :-)

My world, my thoughts, my musings...

Keirthana on February 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM said...

@All: Thank you for your comments! I agree with you. These little childish things make life better somehow!

Smita on February 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM said...

hahaha....tom and jerry, kids corner, animation flicks, candies, etc. lol
It's good to be a kid :) :)
it's good not to be a grown up ;)

Keirthana on February 14, 2012 at 8:13 PM said...

@Smita: True :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates