February 24, 2012

THE MEN IN MY LIFE

Posted by Raumali Dasgupta at 12:33 AM
THANKS TO THE MEN IN MY LIFE

You who held me in your arms when I was weak                          
And held my hand while traversing tough paths
Then when time came
Releasing me to take my own way
Still following and protecting me from behind
Thank you DAD for being the first man in my life.



You who led me through the right way
For being my idol
For all the little secrets we share.
Thank you BRO for being my first friend.



And now thanks to those who  form an important part of my life
“Thank you” is just a little word for everything you did for me

The ones who took care of me after I left home
Letting me talk non-stop, silly pakofying stuff, all the PJ’s

The one who told me that it’s fine if I don’t know everything
No one expects me to.
And to do what I really enjoyed
And not compare with others

The one who made me realise that I don’t own all of the world’s problems
That there’s nothing wrong in crying when I am upset

And the ones who are always ready to solve my problems

The one who knows all my secrets and keeps them safely
And cheers me up when I am upset
And makes me believe that I can travel my path alone.

Those who believe in me
And made me feel special
All of you who made me feel wanted by valuing my opinions
And respecting my decisions



 My dearest friend
Remember all the non-stop nonsense we talk about
For making me smile when no one else could

And the ‘ONE’
Thanks for teaching me the meaning of LOVE
You came, made me smile, laugh, cry
And then went away
Leaving behind your memories
Which gives me the strength to move ahead



THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING A PART OF ME AND MY LIFE
FOR BEING A FAMILY, A FATHER, A BROTHER, A FRIEND AND COMPANION
FOR DEFINING ME AND MAKING ME WHO I AM

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

poems..a beautiful way to describe something. nice poem

Har Har MahaDev on February 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM said...

1,00,00,000

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM said...

thanx Aatish :)

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 1:03 AM said...

Har Har Mahadev :)

monika agarwal on February 24, 2012 at 2:23 AM said...

hey nice.. some lines were my late realizations :D .. and girly pink atmosphere of the blog is so cute and attractive..loved it. i never knew u were this girly :P:) keep writing and doing what you love :)

saurabh araiyer on February 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM said...

Tumne kaafi kuch keh diya in this small poem, I still believe that the strength lies with the survivor than the preacher...

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 8:05 AM said...

Thanx monika, btw the girly pink atmosphere isn't my idea, it's d admin's. She wanted to unite all the girl power at one place
But even I don't mind behaving like a girl sometimes :)

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM said...

Thanx saurabh :), but then again the survivor gets all the strength from the preachers only...

Rahul on February 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM said...

umm.. wht is it about the "ONE" again?

gaurab on February 24, 2012 at 8:33 AM said...

good re.. darun likhish toh tui.. proud of ya

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM said...

Rahul, there's a whole paragraph dedicated to you and you are more interested in the 'ONE'? why don't you stay happy with your 'ONE'? :)

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM said...

thanx gaurab :)
btw even you are included in the list, couldn't tag ya!

Simolydillogical on February 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM said...

Beauty of this poem is that it's v simple and unique in it's own way but what is great about it is that it's v thoughtful also.

I feel that you didn't try hard to write it, everything just kept coming out from your heart.

As I always say that :

Ye Kalam Apney Aap Dil Ki Baat Keh Jaayegi,
Bas Dil Ki Aag Ko Jazbaaton Ki Hawa Dete Rahiye !!


Loved your poem and yes, I feel lucky to be your friend.
Keep up the good work :)

Raumali Dasgupta on February 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM said...

Dilip Kumar thanx :)
yeah I didnn't plan to write that poem or didn't even edit the first draft.
Everything just came to my mind when I tried studying computer architecture and found myself writing the poem instead of notes :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates