February 18, 2012

Shoe Laces and The Men in my Life

Posted by Sunitha Vijayanarayan at 12:12 AM
[From:http://findingsun.wordpress.com/tag/hearts/]
My shoelaces are undone
Cried the little girl
The school bus is at the stop
And I have got to rush
Putting away his news paper
He placed her on his lap
Let me tie them for you
Lest you slip and fall

Little Brother don't run,
Your shoe laces are undone
I can tie it for you
Or ask Daddy to come
Don't trip on shoe laces
And hurt your little knees.
My dear sweet brother,
That is just not fun.

Your shoe lace has a double knot
And your fingers are cold
Let me untie them for you
And help your cold feet warm
A smile she gave that said more
than a thousand words could say
As his hands moved up her feet
 In such a loving way

Little one, come to me
Your shoe lace is undone,
Let me tie them for you
Lest you slip and fall
With a mischievous smile he runs away
Asking me to chase
Thud, Thud, I rush to see
And take him off with me.

PS: Just a unique way to thank the men in my life (Dad , Brother , Hubby and Son).
Belated  Valentine's Day Wishes, Darlings!

14 comments:

sumukh bansal on February 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM said...

very beautiful writing...
smile on that cute face is still with me...

Anonymous said...

beautiful poem
and greatly described the men in your life

Keirthana on February 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM said...

Beautifully written!:)

maithili on February 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM said...

You have a very unique way of putting across your ideas.. Never thought a shoe lace could so beautifully express the feelings for the men in your life :) You are awesome!

Vinati on February 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM said...

Brilliant yaar!!! I loved it. :)

Yes you are truly awesome. :D :)

Vyankatesh on February 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM said...

Beautiful words of love and appreciation.

Smita on February 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM said...

That was such a sweet piece of poetry :) <3 :)

Awesome,beautiful.
Simply a masterpiece.

Aditi Ray on February 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM said...

wooowwwww!! its just wooowwww!!
a very lovely and beautiful poem!! :D <3
and sucha unique way to describe the men!! AMAZING!! <3

Unknown on February 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM said...

There is a surprise for you.


Please do visit :

http://pagesofflife.blogspot.in/2012/02/my-very-own-versatile-blogger-award.html


-Rupertt Wind

Upasana on February 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM said...

Beautifully written!!

Tarang Sinha on February 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM said...

Cute poem and a very sweet way to say thanks:)

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on February 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM said...

@Sumukh,@Aatish, @Kerithana,@Maithili, @Mirage, @Vynakatesh,@Smita,@Aditi,@Upasana,@Francesca,@Tarang
Thank you so much for reading my poem and I feel really happy that all of you liked it.
I was thinking that I messed this up as I wrote half in first person and half in third person, but in the end the genuine feeling that came out seem to have overshadowed the technical imperfections.

Thank you lots for reading it and I'm sooo happy you liked it.

Arch on February 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM said...

This poem is the cutest Thank you I have ever heard :)

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on February 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM said...

Thanks Archana :)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates