December 22, 2011

When I made my Daddy Happy

Posted by Sunitha Vijayanarayan at 11:39 PM
I was playing with my  Thomas and Friends train set when I saw Daddy reading that book. I was immediately interested. It had a picture of a laptop on it . I loved laptops . Ever since I could remember which wasn't really much, since I had been born only 3 years ago. But I had been fascinated enough by it to take out keys, try feed it corn flakes and even pull out a CD drive . Now I know it is something that needs to be handled with care. I can watch you tube videos all by myself. (swells with pride).
That book looks like it is full of laptop pictures. I decided to  employ my usual methods of coercion to wheedle the book out of his hands. I wailed and I howled . Daddy just walked away into a different room to read. I decided to pester him until I got what I wanted. Little babies like me always had their way. "I wanna book....". I wailed again. Mama came and lifted me off my feet. I wailed louder. "I wanna book". Finally Dad got tired of it and kept the book with a bang in front of me and walked away in a huff. I  got what I wanted. I quickly grabbed the book. But suddenly ,it wasn't fun anymore. I  looked around hoping to flash  my victorious smile , but Daddy had gone off somewhere.
 
 
I went to look for him. I found him in the bedroom lying down on the bed . Realization struck me. I understood. I lie down on the bed by myself when I'm sad . I had made Daddy sad by taking the book all for myself . I felt sad too. I wanted that book badly , but I wanted Daddy to be happy too. I looked at the book and then at Daddy. Then I made my decision. I quietly kept the book near Daddy and walked back looking for Mama. I ran into her arms and wept my heart out. Then I felt a kiss on my tear stained cheek, and the rugged feel of an unshaven face .I out stretched my arms and jumped to hug my Daddy. He was smiling at  me and telling Mama how proud he was of me. That I had given up something I really really wanted to make some one else I cared about happy. That I would grow up a fine man.
The world was alright again as Daddy placed me on his lap and we looked at the laptop pictures in the book together.

P.S : Giving is not an art. It comes straight from your heart. This story would be my son's take on the topic :)

9 comments:

Keirthana on December 23, 2011 at 7:36 PM said...

Nice take..and a different one too :) Loved the way it went and your son proves that we elders have a lot to learn from kutties.... :)

maithili on December 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM said...

This was sooo cute!! Cutest post ever on Darlings of venus! Giving has to come from the heart and who can teach this better than kids!

maithili on December 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM said...

This was sooo cute!! Cutest post ever on Darlings of venus! Giving has to come from the heart and who can teach this better than kids!

Aditi Ray on December 23, 2011 at 10:05 PM said...

cutest post on this blog so far!

sumitra on December 24, 2011 at 8:11 AM said...

That is one sweet post. Kids understand more than we think don't they/

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM said...

@Kierthana, Thanks.yes we do. And this is a true incident.not a made up one.

@Maithili ,Thanks. Yes kids have the artless innocence we adults have lost long ago.


@Sumitra.Yes they do. and
aditi . Thanks a lot . Glad you found it cute.

Unknown on December 24, 2011 at 9:51 PM said...

A very touchy emotional post.
I've always belived kids are more sensitive to moods than most adults. Simply because we all are so busy with our own feelings we become blind towards others' , but kids are much more in-tuned. Being a mom I know this for a fact.

Of Prisms and Lives on December 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM said...

I am reading your post for the first time , I presume . But , it was really warming to go through .
As a kid , I was such an attention seeker . Maybe that is why , I can identify with the story . ;)

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 27, 2011 at 12:50 AM said...

@Pooja , Yes , kids show only their genuine feelings. Not like adults who pretend all the time.

@Of Prisms and lives , Thanks . Glad you could relate to it.

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates