September 1, 2011

Saying hello!!

Posted by maithili at 12:03 AM
Hello my darlings of Venus,

"If all countries were women, there would be no world wars.. Just a group of jealous countries not talking to each other!"
This is what I received as an sms.
So who said women are always jealous of each other?

During last one year of blogging, I have come across so many female bloggers who are from different places, backgrounds, have different thoughts but now and then there are posts or comments which make us go,
"Oh that's exactly how things are with me!" or
"Oh wow I think I found a soul sister!"

See ! At the heart of things we all are the same no matter how varied our personas..

Here, at the this blog, we attempt to find that sisterhood, that comfort of knowing that what we feel and experience is accepted, that warmness of a community..

With this blog lets make a new beginning of bonding with each other.

Let me say what all we intend to do here.

Basically we blog here! Yes, you can post whatever creativity comes to you. There is no restriction here.

Under the section called "Homesmarty" we link all the things that could be done at home. That includes your age old beauty tips, recipes, artwork, craft, fashion, interiors etc etc.

I request all the writers to label their posts with their own names apart from what other sections they want to add.

A little introduction of our wonderful writers:
.
- We have pretty Chandana who would post on fashion. She is not a fashion designer but passionate about clothing and shopping. Practical, dreamer and above all someone who loves life.

We link Confessions here at confessions

-We have our naughty, funny and absolutely adorable (with dainty hands) Suruchi Arora. She will set you rolling with her confessions.

-We have exceptionally talented writer who brings in mystical elements to our blog. She is the sweet and bubbly Pradeeta. A flawless story telling, a detailed research on her topic and interesting images to go with each post is what makes her writing so beautiful. She's also an upcoming lawyer.

-We have among us the beautiful Vinati. She is spontaneous, honest and completely simple with her work. She promises to add music to our blog ;) She's also from law fraternity :)

-She's hilarious, practical, tomboy and masters the pun! Yes I m talking about Redhanded. Oh did I tell she's mysterious as well? None of us knows what her real name is but how does it matter! We totally love her. Shes on a vacation (oh don't know how many times she takes a vacation!) and would be back with a bang soon and yes she too is a law student.

-A mass communication student, a chocolate lover, oh sorry, the chocolate obsessed, cute, a religious blogger, the one who encourages everyone. She's our PeeVee.

-A poet, a series writer (her series is past 40 parts!!!), a passionate blogger and a final year engineering student. She begins our blog with a confession about her blog. She's Smita . And yes she writes beautifully in Hindi as well :)

-The last but not the least is Viya. She's an architecture student (exception right!). Her excitement for life rubs on to you. She gives a peek into her life everyday to her readers. I know for sure that she will bring in freshness, that thrill to live and yes a positive spirit into our blog.

So these are our writers at present. For Rules and FAQs pertaining to the blog please refer the respective page. I m definitely looking forward for more writers with more shades!

  • We would also invite male bloggers to do a guest post once a month or more depending on their availability.
  • There would be a weekly post on relationships. What is a girls gang without the hot topic of our discussions right?
  • We would hold contests and discussions once we get some more members. Till then keep your eyes open for potential writers for our blog and minds open for topic of the discussion and contests.
  • There would be a monthly interview and yes I promise it would be very candid !



Special thanks to the awesome Freelancer for helping me out with the tech stuff . He's also an admin to help me out with widgets and codes.

Oh wait! Did I introduce myself??
Ok no..
I m Maithili. The idea of this blog was only a dream until I discussed it with my readers on my blog one such story. I m overwhelmed with the response and support I got. Thank you my dear readers and my team writers. You are all simply great! I write mostly fiction and some random things. Here I m the owner and admin. I would look after all the linking and stuff (ofcourse apart from posting too!!) and sending out invites to new members.

So here we start with our posts on this auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi.

All the best my darlings and hope we have a great time here.

Love
Maithili

P.S Girls please add me on facebook so that discussing and voting for some gadgets and things would get easier for me :) 

11 comments:

Smita on September 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM said...

I am already so much in love with Darlings of Venus that I just can't take my eyes off it !! :p
Thank you Maithili for giving me an opportunity to be a part of this and thanks for that that cool intro :D
I am going to be a regular in confession part :D I have loads to make, I will mail you the potential fields I may work on, also I am going to publicize it a bit so hurry up with the badge please :) :)
You may add me for the discussion sessions @fb : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002413138592

Loads of love :)
Smita

maithili on September 1, 2011 at 1:09 AM said...

Thank you so much Smita for the support and interest you have shown in the blog.
Yes waiting for your email. Badge will be ready in a day or two. :)

Viya ;) on September 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM said...

I'm loving the girly blog!! :D :D
Please do lemme know if something i post need editing and stuff.. I'm not much of a writer and just put things like how i'd put it in a journal!

Woohoo!! :D :D cheers to the new blog!! :D

Suruchi on September 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM said...

yiy yiy yiy...we've started*drums rolling, applause and frenzy all over*
here's wishing all of us a great start and an absolutely amazing journey:-)

sooooooooooo glad to be a part of this:-)

Suruchi on September 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM said...

tried finding you on fb..can't:(
please find me there...

and please add those little plugs at the end of the post that make it easy to share it on fb, twitter, google, etc:-)

Chandana on September 1, 2011 at 12:20 PM said...

Brilliant! I loved the intro post! :)
Cheers to all of us and the blog! :D

CookieCrumbsInc. on September 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM said...

Kudos to Maithili for making all this happen from a single dream of hers. Talk about women achievers:)

And cheers to all of us, to writing, to a life-long bond and a blog that is wildly popular ever beyond our over-active imaginations.

But most of all cheers to having fun and being girls.
We rule
\m/
xoxo

Wings of Harmony on September 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM said...

Heyyy Maithili, such an Intro to a not-so-girly Girls Blog, proves that we are not only pretty pink please! :D :D Thank you for making me a part of this beautiful Blog with all these talented and smart ladies. :D

PS: "Oh Wow I think I found a Soul Sister" I will Never forget that! :D

@FL: Thank you!!! You are the best!! :D

maithili on September 1, 2011 at 4:34 PM said...

@Viya: sure.. I will help correcting if anything is amiss :) Thanks girl, you nailed it today!

@Suruchi: aww thank you for the grand welcome ;) I m so so glad to have you here :)The gadgets you suggested are in place now :)

@Chandana : Thank you so much ;)

@Priyanka: I m flattered *blush* You said aloud my vision for this blog :) Let's make it happen!

@MSM :How could I not take you when I was thinking of "Smart and talented ladies" :) totally adore you sis!

Vinati on September 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM said...

I came online after a day and am really surprised to see that so much has happened here. Wow!! :)
Thanks a lot Maithili for choosing me to be a part of this beautiful blog. :)

Afshan Shaik on November 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM said...

Great initiative
Kudos to U all
. Hope this becomes the most happening blog !!
best wishes

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates