September 5, 2011

Don't 'shoe' me...

Posted by Chandana at 8:52 AM

I have a weakness for shoes. People will get to know that in the first 10 minutes of talking to me. Not that I go about professing my un-dying love for shoes to every stranger i meet but… you get the drift right?

Anyway I believe shoes are every women's weakness. If your disagreeing to this, it just means you haven't met the right pair yet (You are missing out on a lot believe me!). Up until college I was always a 'flats' kind of person.. I was never into heels. Which was a good thing 'coz when it comes to 'sense of balance' I don't score many points there. You can read more about it here, but let me tell you the gist. 

I can't walk straight. I bang my toes into everything on their way and out of their way. I trip on the most even surfaces, even when am walking barefoot. But fortunately I haven't had many major catastrophes since the time I started wearing heels. And although I don't run around in 5 inch heels (I stick to 3" max), it doesn't stop me from lusting after them…

'Coz when you see something like this… you know its going to haunt you in your dreams foreverrrrrrr!




Also, sometime back I made a decision. That I would stop buying new clothes for at least 6 to 8 months but I would buy one new pair of shoes every month. We all know that shoes can make or break an outfit. And the 'right' shoes can transform an otherwise boring outfit into something fabulous and chic! And the best part - they'll fit you forever!!! 

You may grow out your clothes, they may shrink, become tight/loose whatever… but shoes my dear darlings, will never fail you in your life. They are loyal companions until you die - well unless you break a heel, then you'd have to throw it out. Or unless  you have abnormal feet that keep growing throughout your lifetime. What am i saying? I'd never wish that on anyone! Not even my worst enemy!

Anyway, I stuck to one part of the deision i.e not buying new clothes. Its been long since I went shopping, and its like a constant itch! But I haven't bought shoes either and I am proud of it :) I don't know how much longer i can restrain myself but as soon as i reach breaking point - am buying all these babies!!!!










Now... Do I have any shopping companions? ;)

12 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. on September 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM said...

This just gave me a shoegasm. Did I mention I have a shoe fetish?
Count me in, totally!

Viya ;) on September 5, 2011 at 6:55 PM said...

OMG!!! I sooo wanna go shoe shopping after seeing thiiissss!!! damn i cant walk in heels at alll! and i've recently started walking in wedges and then i guess i'll move on to kitten heels and then the 2" ones.. :)

Vinati on September 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM said...

Oh bingo!! Shoes = Weakness
Though I haven't started wearing heels regularly (which requires the right posture and a good place to wear and it definitely excludes COLLEGE :P), I long to have a good collection.

P.S: A catchy heading! :)

Suruchi on September 7, 2011 at 12:14 AM said...

i think women and shoes are synonyms that should be universally acknowledged...and these pairs here are absolutely heaven on feet!

if only they'd hurt a little less, i'd be your perpetual shopping companion for these!

shoes are actually the biggest make-overs that there can be!
:-)

Chandana on September 7, 2011 at 9:10 AM said...

@Priyanka-
LOL! Good! ;)

@Viya-
Heels make all the difference in the world.. Even I dont wear them daily, but i wish i could!

@Vinati-
Yup! College is definitely not a place where you would want to wear heels everyday.. Office is a better place - you dont walk around(except for coffee) and you sit all day doing nothing :P

@Suruchi-
You'd be surprised to see how some heels are as comfortable as walking barefoot!

Wings of Harmony on September 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM said...

Oh, I totally loved the Aqua green blue ones...owing to my weight and clumsiness, I fall a lot and I literally broke a leg once (barefooted)...so I am more like a watch and tell person than wearing these lustful possessions! Please put up the pics when you buy them :D :D :D

Red Handed on September 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM said...

Cleopatra!How i loove those and some pumps!!

Chandana on September 12, 2011 at 8:50 AM said...

@Mary-
Thank you so much! :) Do stick around!

FashionPhD on September 13, 2011 at 9:24 PM said...

GREAT picks!

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on September 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM said...

Love the red polka dot one....BTW what do you think of my shoe collection? Now you wanna shop or steal ;-)?? I've just gotten the 2 from US and I'm itching for more :D:D:D

Smita on September 28, 2011 at 10:25 PM said...

lovely post darling :)
I so love shoes and heels. It's hard to imagine life without heels :D
It feels so great to wear heels, even if they hurt you like anything :p
I loved the white heels and those pink shoes.
Lovely pics

jaipur kurti on March 11, 2020 at 4:46 PM said...

kurtis manufacturer in delhi|kurti manufacturers in delhi|kurti manufacturer in delhi|kurtis wholesaler in delhi|kurti wholesalers in delhi|kurtis exporters in delhi|kurtis exporter in delhi|kurti exporters delhi kurtis manufacturer in delhi|kurti manufacturers in delhi|kurti manufacturer in delhi|kurtis wholesaler in delhi|kurti wholesalers in delhi|kurtis exporters in delhi|kurtis exporter in delhi|kurti exporters delhi
#kurtismanufacturerindelhi
#kurtimanufacturersindelhi
#kurtimanufacturerindelhi
#kurtiswholesalerindelhi
#kurtiwholesalersindelhi
#kurtisexportersindelhi
#kurtisexporterindelhi
#kurtiexportersdelhi

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates