September 25, 2011

A tribute to Homemakers

Posted by Keirthana at 10:58 PM
Hello Darlings of Venus,

I am new here and I thought what better way than to start with a tribute to the people, who we are going to become ;)

Whenever I come across the term Homemaker, I get reminded of an article I read long back. It was written by a woman who was a homemaker and got a lot of "Oh! You are just a homemaker" stuff. She had written about her experience where people just take the homemaking thing so easily until one point she got frustrated and replied "I am the co-researcher in family management and maintenance" and how people had suddenly looked at her with respect. She had simply put homemaking in other words but that actually gained her respect.

In my opinion, homemaking is the most difficult job in the world. I do not have any experience in that but after seeing my mom go about it for 20 odd years, I can safely say that. Also, I believe making a home from a house is possible only by the fairer sex. Neither that I am being feminist nor that I am not aware of guys being a homemaker nowadays, but that there is something in a woman's touch. Be it a woman who does the job of managing the family full time or a woman who works and also manages the family, she always bears the onus. When a woman says, "I am tired. I think I will call it a day." she does not just go to bed. She makes all the arrangements that have to be done for the next day's run and goes to bed an hour after she said she is tired. But, when a man says, "I am tired. I think I will call it a day." he does it. Immediately. Without another thought.

So, here is to all the Darlings of Venus on Earth, who are homemakers or yet to become homemakers. Cheers ladies :)

Until later,
Keirthana :)

7 comments:

Red Handed on September 25, 2011 at 11:10 PM said...

True!!
My mother works and takes care of the home side by side. I wonder how she manages!

Welcome to Darlings of Venus

maithili on September 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM said...

Yes taking care of the house is 24*7 job with no holidays and moreover its a thankless job! I have heard of term "Domestic engineering" for it !

In a way I feel women who manage only house are more fortunate.. women who work are expected to carry out their conventional duties towards the home as well as the responsibilities at work..its a tight ropewalk..

I feel its less of a pressure if a woman manages only the house..or if a woman manages only office and has someone to take care of the house..

I have seen my mother and many others juggle both and its one hell of a sacrifice on both fronts for them..

Anirudh Chopra on September 25, 2011 at 11:49 PM said...

Salutations to the Fort Managers !!

Keirthana on September 26, 2011 at 8:48 AM said...

@Red Handed and Maithili: Yeah! It sometimes disheartens to see what kind of sacrifices are expected of women. But then, I guess we are made of stronger material and that's how our moms are managing this stuff.

@Anirudh: I join you in saluting them once again. :)

Unknown on September 26, 2011 at 10:25 AM said...

Cheers to my mother, who isnt only a homemaker, she's also a homelighter, a homewarmer, and a homecomforter. <3 and she does that with a full time day job on the other hand.

Keirthana on September 26, 2011 at 6:01 PM said...

:)

Wings of Harmony on September 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM said...

How true. Living alone in a house with four other girls...I am just touching the tip of the ice berg. It's so hard to manage the bills, laundry, cleaning, keeping check of ration and all that jazz! I respect my mother and all the mothers for keeping homes together forever! :D :D

Welcome to DOV, Keirthana! And Blessed Be from MSM. :D

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates