January 18, 2012

THE AFTERLIFE : WELCOME TO NOIDA!!

Posted by Divya at 11:13 PM

As I packed my bags (closed my previous blog and memories) few weeks back to leave Bangalore – my home town, my city from the time I was born, little did I know that I was leaving only to write new chapters, to meet new people, build a career and create a milestone, for myself.

NOIDA”, my appointment letter proclaimed, in big, bold letters. North Okhla Industrial Development Authority, as it is called, beckoned me to step into the north of the Country. The part of the country I had NEVER made an attempt to venture to. Leaving Bangalore brought in me a lot of nostalgia, but NOIDA brought in me, a sense of hope and independence. Above all, NOIDA is teaching me LIFE.




It is so different from Bangalore. Yet not. Sometimes, I feel it is not right to compare two cities. Both of them are unique in their own ways – Food, Culture, Weather, People, Ways of life…

Early days in NOIDA were scary. I was left to be on my own. Right after graduating, the Corporate world welcomed me, but I felt abandoned and alone in the new land. But when people called FRIENDS made an entry into my life, I started loving everything I was going through. NOIDA has given me wonderful friends and amazing roomies. And oh, friends have also become family-like. They are the people I look forward to each day after a boring and tiring day at office. Would NOIDA appear the same to me without these guys? Well, I’m not sure on that. But all I know is, I’m enjoying their company. I miss home but I see my family in friends. That is the closeness we share.



I raise my head and look up at the NOIDA sky. Foggy, tall glossy buildings peek through the fog, neatly mowed lawns, colorful flowers and a road that takes me to my block – my office. I sling my ID around my neck, greet the security in their local language and proceed.

Surrendered to slavery, yet proud of personal independence.


(Yeah, that's my office)

Cheers to Life,
& lots of Love,
D!! (Previously called, THE UPDATER :) )

P.S : Title Courtesy : BTK, a Colleague-turned-friend. All thanks to him for suggesting a wonderful title for my post here!

P.P.S : This was a post written for my own, new blog. Yes, like I mentioned here, I would be away and all that. But, somehow, writing has always been a part of me and staying away from the keyboard was hard (:P) Either ways, I'm back!! Promising myself to stay active on the blogosphere.
And oh, my new blog is called Strings Of Life (Previously, an INSIGHT INTO MYSELF).
Maithili and Admins, listening? :) (Hope you change the same in Meet the Darlings Page ;P )

7 comments:

Abhinav rastogi on January 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM said...

liked the picturesqueness in your narration of a city and how it has become part of ur life!!

nice :)

~[A][B]~
http://rastogiabhinav.blogspot.com

Keirthana on January 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM said...

Welcome back darling :) I am so happy that you are back. :) Keep rocking!

Divya on January 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM said...

@Abhinav : Thank you so much Abhinav :) You've a nice blog there too :)

@Keirthana : Thank you Sweetie :)

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on January 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM said...

Good to hear your back :D. Hope you and your keyboard don't have to stay away from each other again.

I had recently been to Noida and I'm from Bangalore so could understand perfectly everything in this narration.

I love the name of your new blog :)

Keep writing, Cheers!!!

Arjun Narayanan on January 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM said...

I studied on Noida and sure the place has a special place for me. I know it is not the best of places to live in but sheer nostalgia makes me think fondantly of the place

Smita on January 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM said...

welcome back to blogger world.
hope noida too brings in more happiness in your world via friends and job doors :)
and, it's too chill here, isn't it! ;) bangalore has a pleasant weather round the year but noida has six months shift of hot and cold weather :p

Divya on January 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM said...

@Dragon : Oh talk about the factor of being from Bangalore and staying in Noida! :P Its foggy, ALWAYS!! 20 meter visibility in the mornings!
And you liked the name? Oh, thank you :)

@Arjun : Good to hear that. Some places always have a special place in our hearts. :)

@Smita : Thanks for the welcome sweetheart :) Noida has EXTREME shifts :P It works really hard to keep people buried under blankets or running for an AC ;)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates