September 23, 2012

Dreamzzzzz...

Posted by Keirthana at 4:37 PM
Hey all,

I am back after a long time. How have you all been? Missed you darlings so much. With lots of things happening in life so much, I had practically no time to even think about writing. Yet we always come back, no matter how busy we are. That is the one of the things that I like about blogging. And likewise here I am. 

With this post, I thought I would share a few weird experiences of mine with you and know about your take on it. It is this thing about dreams. They always fascinate me but at the same time they freak me out too. I know our sub-conscious puts in a lot of mixed visuals to cook up it's own story and hence we cannot have any control over it. Also, we all would have had experiences which we would not even remember but would have come across a long time back, recurring as our present day dreams. All this I can accept and discern logically.

However, there are a couple of dreams that I have had that I cannot bring myself to accept and I still wonder how the hell I could experience certain feelings (both physical and emotional) when there is no way that I could have experienced them. For example, I had a dream a couple weeks back. It was a one where I could fly. My focus of this dream is about the fact that in the dream I experienced how it would be to fly. My body, my mind and everything about me experienced. it was not just some blur in which I assumed that I was flying. How can I experience a feeling that I have never encountered in life? My body doesn't even know how it would feel to fly. And for the record, if you think that this might be a correlation of the feeling of flying in a plane, no. The reason I have not yet traveled by flight in my life yet. I never had the necessity. So here I am yet to have a normal flight experience, but my dream made me feel the action of flying like a bird, with wings and all.

This is just an example. When I discussed these dreams with my guy, he suggested maybe there are things recorded in our DNA/genes down somewhere. So deep that we cannot fathom. He was also not sure, but he was just giving out thoughts that might justify this. Then, it would make all the multiple births and other things revolving around it true. 

I cannot think of any explanation to such dreams. Have any of you had or heard of such experiences? What is your take on it?

Until later,

8 comments:

Hardi on September 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM said...

Dreams seem very real until you wake up, they basically are the reality of your night.

Sometimes we remember these dreams so well they seem to become a part of our memory.


maithili on September 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM said...

Well dreams are rather intriguing. I have experienced the pain of a dog biting in my dreams although I have never had such an incidence in my life. I do believe in the theory that there might be some relevance of dreams with our past or future. I have had numerous such recollections of my dreams where they have become part of memory rather than vague or blur images.

Keirthana on September 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM said...

@Kiara : //Dreams are basically the reality of your night// Very well said. :)

@Maithz: Relieved that I am not the only one who has experienced something in my dream but not in the reality. They do become so much a part of our memories that the line fades and we no longer are able to distinguish them apart.

L.Guruprasad on September 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM said...

And what is that other dream? ;)

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on September 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM said...

I sometimes see real technicolor movie type ones.. esp horror ones which I can remember , but I don't ever remember having one like yours.. Flying.. That seems just awesome. May be you should go and do sky diving /bungee jumping or something , to verify that your feeling is right.. :)

eN on September 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM said...

I agree with Sunitha.

I almost always never remember my dreams. But I often dream that I'm falling off something and wake up steadying my foothold and find myself in bed :-/

Smita on October 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM said...

dreams...u never know wat u experience in them. they are totally a new world fot the people in sleep.

Eyes-speak on November 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM said...

Dreams are actually abig mystery. Sometime you feel they were actual and ral, sometimes everything fades away, sometime you do weird things in your sleep and then yoou don't remember it in the morning and sometimes when deep in sleep you believe what is actually happening around, to be a part of your dreams...

Messed up...I guess that's what dreams do to us...:)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates