January 6, 2014

A Silent Thank you

Posted by Deepa at 10:04 PM
I know a lady, a gem of a person for a really long time..like really really long.

When I looked up, I saw her smile at me. She clapped, I could see it, She wanted me to react to it. But, I couldn't.
When I was about 2, her husband left her because of me. I couldn't really tell what happened but I could guess the expressions even then.

She was there with me, rock solid. She was determined to get me through my life, like I was.
Silence was my life.

Yes! I cant hear. I am deaf.

No.. No.. don't give me that pity expression, don't doubt my capabilities.

I was made fun of at a normal school, I could read, I could write, I could feel, I could lip read.
But, all people saw was I was deaf. I used sign language.
I knew one more global language. The smile language.
Its that language that the lady taught me.

I grew up, I got pity, I got snarl mean remarks, I didn't hear any. I just walked by like nothing happened. Because I didn't know if anything happened behind my back.
She heard everything, she felt much more than I felt. But, she didn't show it to me. She knew her smile was my strength.
I love to party, go out with friends, I don't hear the music, But i can feel its vibrations through the air. I can feel music and it feels good to me. She taught me feel music, she taught me to read the lyrics.

When a non-sign language using person walks up to me and starts talking, I tell them I am deaf. They have a big doubt look on their face, and they fumble. Its funny to watch. When they are hesitant to talk to me, I choose to be ignorant and walk away.

Things do hurt me. But, she taught me that I'm blessed. I don't hear anything harsh about anyone.
Thank you in Sign language
I have no reason to be angry. Even, if i am angry, I scream..maybe I'm loud..but who cares? I cant hear a thing.

But, today I write this to thank my the woman who has gone through hell for me.
The woman whose partner left her because of me
The woman who taught me to live life with a smile
The woman who was my ears to the world.

I want to tell her, its because of her that Im here and Im very very happy in my silent life.

Thank you Mom!!!!




Picture Courtesy: Google Images

27 comments:

maithili on January 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM said...

Beautiful post :)

The Enchantress on January 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM said...

beautiful dedication :)

Red Handed on January 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM said...

That was lovely!

Smita on January 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM said...

Speechless.
Wonderfull potray of expressions :)

Deepa on January 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM said...

Thank you :-)

Deepa on January 7, 2014 at 12:33 PM said...

Thank you :-)

Deepa on January 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM said...

Thanks smita

KParthasarathi on January 8, 2014 at 5:55 AM said...

That was touching.Deafness is a great disability not as bad as blindness.
There is none to substitute mom through thick and thin.

Deepa on January 8, 2014 at 11:33 AM said...

Thank you ashwini :-)

Deepa on January 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepa on January 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM said...

Parth for every differently abled person life is difficult...even for people with partial disability

And true that mom cannot be subsitiuted for anyone in this world abled or not so abled alike

vixie on January 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM said...

i have no words !!! you are so awesome and i am sure you know that :) And you are indeed lucky to have such a lovely mother and so is she to have you :)

Cheers ! Keep p the spirit :)

Deepa on January 9, 2014 at 3:35 PM said...

Vixie thanks
But I should have added that this was a work of fiction

And every baby is lucky to have a mom and every mom is lucky to have awesome kids who love her unconditionally

Milica on January 12, 2014 at 1:01 AM said...

Aweee
www.thethirteenthgirl.com

Deepa on January 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM said...

Milica :-)

AVY on January 14, 2014 at 4:05 AM said...

Fantastic, to feel that and to know it. Good for you.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written post! Kudos!

Deepa on January 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM said...

Thank you TTS :-)

Anupam Karn on January 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM said...

To be a Mom is usually thankless Job, hats off 2 u!!! Nice post:))

Deepa on January 20, 2014 at 11:01 AM said...

Moms dont realise how thankful kids are to have them.kids may not say it but deep inside mom is their weakness and their strength.
Thanks for reading and commenting anupam

Canary on January 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM said...

heart warming... very touching..

Deepa on January 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM said...

Thank you canary

Deepa on January 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM said...

Thank you Zara

a gal in city on January 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM said...

Yes ....I can say very touching..
A lady can be wrong. A wife can be wrong but a mother never ever can be wrong.

Karen Xavier on February 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM said...

A poignant post... about a beautiful mom and an equally beautiful daughter.

Deepa on February 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM said...

:) A gal in the city I agree

Deepa on February 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM said...

Karen Thank you :-)

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates