December 14, 2012

A Matter Of Time

Posted by Soumya at 12:44 PM

I know most of my posts out here are the ones which always convey one message, "Move on, no matter what". Yes, its because I'm a firm believer of that. When I think about poetry the first thing that comes to my mind is love. Next, life. And I know that nothing triggers beautiful poetry more than love or life.

This is a piece I wrote almost a year ago. I wrote it when I was in the most happiest phase of life. Again, who says we need some pep talk only when we are down?


Pain, agony, more words I can use
A part of life is for getting hurt
How would you know the beauty of fire
If you don't get a little burnt

If there are smiles today
They may not be around tomorrow
No body can peek into the future
And predict their joys and sorrow

Nothing hurts more than love
But what is living without it
Its all about taking chances
Even if you end up hurt a bit

Like the smiles, the hurt won't last
Life is like a wave of sine
Somedays it is rock bottom crap
While at times it is sparkling wine

Hope and faith go a long way
Everything is temporary here
When living gets spent by the day
Why do you want to buy fear?

Paranoia is a birth right
Nobody can escape this one
Dusk always leads to dawn
No matter what, you still see the sun

Count life by the seconds
Look for happiness inside of you
Let aside the shabby past
Make room for the bright new

Time is a healthy medicine
Even if the doses are long
After the struggling battle
You emerge out more strong

Winning is not everything
Its the lesson you take
It ain't tough to sail in bad weather
If not a ship, a raft you shall make

It may be the worst phase ever
Life might be spilt into a scatter
It is all a matter of time
Someday, this will hardly matter

4 comments:

Preeti S. on December 14, 2012 at 8:12 PM said...

What a gorgeous, uplifting poem. I loved reading this, made me feel a little better. :)

Anonymous said...

Really motivational... :)

Visit my blog--> A Happier Life

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM said...

Loved this... A really uplifting write..

Smita on December 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM said...

Nicely weaved.....

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates