June 2, 2014

Moms aren't Moms they are Super Mom's

Posted by Deepa at 10:00 AM
4 weeks back, my mom had a fall at home, after which she had a small surgery and had her left hand plastered for 4 weeks.

Now, me being "the girl" of the family, obviously, I am her successor in doing the household chores.

Incidentally, around the same time, the maid of my house ran off for her summer vacation leaving me alone.

Trust me, in so many years, I only cook on weekends or when no one is at home and I cook all exotic dishes.

Now, suddenly
Cleaning the house
Washing clothes
Washing the dishes
Cooking
Going to work
Taking care of mom (since she couldn't do a thing by herself)

Exhausted, is a very small word to describe the feeling. I felt like breaking down and crying so many times.

My nice, supportive family quietly ate any crap I made.
God, What to make? What not to make everyday is another big pain on the wrong side.

Go buy veggies
Clean and Cut them
Search Google and find an easy recipe
Cook
Mess up the taste
Feel bad, then give up

Super Mom to the Rescue
I have no idea how our mom's did it. And the kind of nasty kid that I was, I would have strangled myself. How the hell did she manage to do all this,

cook
clean
get the little maniac me ready
endure all my dad's tantrums
drop me in the baby-sitting,
go to work,
quietly endure a monster mother-in-law,
attend all the family obligations
keep family happy and
still smile

If i were her I would have gone insane or wailed or just given up and walked off

Our Moms aren't Mom's they are Super-Mom's

21 Gun Salutes to All the Mothers in this world
Respects


Photo Credit: Google Images

26 comments:

Unknown on June 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM said...

yes Deepa u r so very right ...

Deepa on June 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM said...

Thanks Chetan :)

Megha Sarin on June 4, 2014 at 3:02 AM said...

I know what you mean..It is tough...You gotta be super woman!


love
http://www.meghasarin.com

maithili on June 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM said...

Everytime my mom goes to native, I am overwhelmed with all the tasks I have to do. Most of the times I m grumpy and very frustrated. How do moms manage to do it so well :O

Nabanita on June 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM said...

lovely post. your post made me miss my mom even more. truly all moms are super women :)

cheers,
http://bhulbhal.blogspot.com

SrishTi on June 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM said...

I so relate with this!
And man! Deciding what to cook, grrrrr...such a job!

Moms are great.

Deepa on June 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM said...

Ashwini trust me, Moms make it look so easy and I want to slap myself for never bothering to help her all these years

Deepa on June 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM said...

Megha Moms really are....In future I know I can never match her..or any of our moms

Deepa on June 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM said...

Maithili I was super enthu the 1st day, 2nd day se my energy was draining in exponential speed that too at this age, poor mommy has been doing it for years and years and years

Deepa on June 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM said...

Nabanita, I see my mom everyday, I feel like falling on her feet * respects for moms increased 100 folds*

Deepa on June 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM said...

Ti, lol, my bechara family is totally banking on their insurances, sometimes i myself hate the food I make, but guess this is a learning phase too

Bikram on June 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM said...

and that 21 gun salute should be EVERYDAY..
well lets put it this way WE are because of our MOMS.. had she not been there we wont be WE :)

Bikram

Deepa on June 5, 2014 at 2:09 PM said...

B totally agree, She and Dad are the sole reasons that we exist in the first place.

Ganga on June 6, 2014 at 11:42 AM said...

Well Said!! Super!

Deepa on June 6, 2014 at 6:20 PM said...

:D thanks Ganga

Keirthana on June 9, 2014 at 1:04 PM said...

Well written post! I went through the same feeling when I got married and started handling the household by myself. Even when it was only me and my hubby, there was so much to do. I wondered how the hell my mom managed that too in a joint family.

Frankly, there have been a lot of days when I missed her so much that I cried myself to sleep thinking of her while poor hubby tries to console me. Moms are the reason I believe God exists.

Deepa on June 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM said...

Gods cant be everywhere so He made moms

V. Archana on June 14, 2014 at 1:02 AM said...

Very true.. Mom are super women. Wish you mom a speedy recovery.

I had never cooked at my house.. My mom would do everything. I feel guilty about not helping her in the kitchen. Now being married and settled in the US,I do everything.. :(

V. Archana on June 14, 2014 at 1:02 AM said...

Totally agree with you on that :)

Deepa on June 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM said...

Archana, Thanks..She is recovering well
We dont realise people's importance until they stop being them

Shesha Chaturvedi on June 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM said...

OMG! You know I have been through soemthing of similar sort too in the past. What we all used to do as a team- I realized that time mom did all that alone. And when she was out of station for sometime and I couldn't cook properly I remember weeping badly in a corner missing her like anything! Moms are truly super-moms. I still wonder how do they manage everything on their own! Love the image you have shared here! :)

Deepa on June 18, 2014 at 5:07 PM said...

Its seriously somethng to think about..How do they become super moms///some day some time they might have been like us...

Haddock on June 25, 2014 at 11:13 AM said...

At times things happen all together and we are at our wits end. But I agree on one thing: 21 Gun Salutes to All the Mothers in this world

Deepa on June 29, 2014 at 11:29 PM said...

Yes Haddock :-)

Camila Rafaela Felippi on July 2, 2014 at 11:36 PM said...

My mom is addicted to cleaning. Now that I live alone I'm understanding why :b

Deepa on July 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM said...

:D we all understand the hardships when mom isnt around

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates