December 18, 2011

After all these days? Always.

Posted by Keirthana at 12:34 PM

I was looking beyond the horizon and my mind was searching even beyond that. For the meaning of giving. I was reminded of one incident in my life made me realize the art of giving. Since then, I have at least been trying to become more understanding, more giving. I won't say I have succeeded, given my inherent habit of being the demanding person that I was and am. Nevertheless, I try. In the hope that someday, I will succeed.

It was a phase of life when I was distraught. In a trance. Not knowing what I was doing and even when I knew, I couldn't judge if it was right. Some force just dragged me along and let's say I was lost. Yeah! Totally lost would describe the person who was me. None in my life stood beside me. Some judged me and left me. Some thought I am crazy and avoided me. Some misunderstood me and spread rumors of their own creation. But, one soul stood beside, getting hurt all the way. Receiving hurls of disgrace that I threw, gracefully. Knowing fully well, in my right state of mind I would not be doing it. That, I consider as my encounter with the art of giving. Giving your full understanding even when the person is fully on the wrong side of judgement.

What I said above is just an example from my life. Many of us have been in a situation or seen people in a situation when a person loses his/her sense and get lost in a whirl of emotions or wrong decisions. For some reason, that they even don't know. Confused and lost is what they experience at such situations. They would want something that is not theirs and at the same time, deep down they would also know that what they are doing is sin. They would hurt a lot of people in doing what they want. At such times, what people need is support, understanding and care. Unconditionally. Yeah, they will hurt you when you try to do all these. Still, unwavering support is the only cure for them. To say right, you have to understand they are in a state close to possessed. Possessed by their own share of evil mind.

Giving to such persons is a divine gesture. Because, they would not know your worth. But, you are the life saver and they will realize that in the future. We gift our beloveds with a lot of things along the lane of life, but most importantly we must gift them with our understanding and unwavering support. Just think about it, to know that you got a person who would never let go of your hand even if you let go. How treasured the feeling is. If you have ever been on the receiving end of such a divine gift, you would know. And if you get a chance to bestow anyone with this kind of giving, gifting your support, please do. It would be painful for you, but it would be worth it. 

Whenever I read the conversation between Dumbledore and Snape, when Dumbledore asks "After all these days? and Snape replies "Always", I just feel that in that one word, J.K.Rowling has summarized every form of giving. It is something beyond love. To give your life and much more than that to a person whom you absolutely loathe except for the eyes which reminds you of your soul. It is simply astounding. I wouldn't call it just love. Lending your ear during a difficult time, giving your shoulder for another's tears are all good. Even life-changing. But, what matters is if you will do it over and over again, if needed. If you will, then I know God exists. For me, I have known such a soul and I am trying to master the art of giving unwavering, unconditional support/understanding or whatever it takes to be the better person who you can be.

Until later, 

P.S: This might not be exactly what you people were looking for the discussion and might be a little abstract. But, I wrote what the art of giving meant to me. Hope you will understand.

9 comments:

Of Prisms and Lives on December 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM said...

I can totally relate to the story . Well written and thanks for sharing .

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on December 19, 2011 at 1:28 PM said...

Just last week I was wondering why nobody has started talking about this month's discussion and lo behold you take on the mantle. It was random sure, I generally avoid random stuff mainly because at the end of it I'm not sure what to comment and people really want me to comment so I don't like disappointing them, but this wasn't thaaat random too you know...it was really beautiful. I enjoyed the Snape bit, wonderfully woven into the theme. Unconditional is fiction, which is why we latch on to it so much, we all want it but can't give it...flaw of being us but the hope for a better tomorrow always remains :D

Cheers!!!

Bikram on December 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM said...

the question is what is wrong or right decision .. if it turns the way we want that does not mean it is a right decision ..

I do understand what u mean to help people even when they hurt you as thats the only cure for them .. oh yes

Bikram's

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM said...

only one word for it. Beautiful.. :)

sumitra on December 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM said...

That was such a heartfelt post Keirthana. I believe you're on the road to healing, whatever might have happened to you in the past.

I remember being your age, just a few years ago, finding unconditional love. It's an exciting part of life, in someways the most beautiful, cherish it forever. In time, the practicalities of life will start to hit you, and giving will become more important than ever.

Cheers!

Keirthana on December 21, 2011 at 5:55 PM said...

@Of Prisms and Lives: Thanks a lot :)

@Dragon: yeah, even I felt I would end doing a random post, but went on with it anyway. In the end, I thought it at least conveyed a point.... So posted it :) And you are right, unconditional giving is something we humans have not yet mastered.

@Bikramjit: Yeah that's what I feel. Thanks :)

@Sunitha: Thanks dear :)

@Sumitra: I healed quickly, but my soul-mate got the hit. So it is time to heal the person who saved me and I am doing my best :) Anyway, that was when I found unconditional love and realized the meaning of it and I am glad that I did.

Megha Sarin on December 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM said...

I cant relate it. It is little abstract. Such people are to find. Everyone has different approach towards life. Sometimes other people cant decide for you and judge your decision. We might be indecisive but we have to learn from our own mistakes.
But ya moral support and understanding are always needed.

Love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Keirthana on December 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM said...

@Megha: Sorry that the post turned out abstract. I did not mean that we have to decide for others when they are lost. I just meant that what they need the most is our understanding and support unconditionally and giving that is the best form of giving.

We surely cannot decide others' lives however close they may be. It is not fair to do so. If they are not in a stage when they can't decide, we have to support them until they are clear and are able to decide for themselves. That's what I meant :)

Unknown on March 16, 2015 at 9:19 AM said...

MTT chuyên cung cấp những sản phẩm tăng cường sức khỏe đời sống như thuốc bổ cho mắt
thuốc tăng cường trí nhớ
triple omega 3-6-9
thuoc multivitamin
thuoc giam can tot nhat
mỹ phẩm sakura nhật bản
Bạn đang thắc mắc hay phân vân lựa chọn cho mình loại kem chống nắng cho những ngày hè sắp tới ? Hãy đọc bài viết của chúng tôi để có sự lựa chọn tốt nhất cho mình
kem chống nắng nào tốt nhất

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates