December 13, 2011

How you doin'?

Posted by Freelancer at 4:49 PM
How come so less posts this month??

I am not a Darling, so I am not eligible to post much.

Apart from the cuisine posts and a few occasional funny ones, I am starting a new series here

The TV Show Guide. Shows that you should watch and God forgive you, if you haven't.

Even though its a girl blog, don't expect me to write about Vampire Diaries, OC, Desperate Housewives, Living with the Kardashians or Jersey Shore. Yuck!!

Anyway, One show that you all heard about and loved and some of you might have found overhyped is F.R.I.E.N.D.S

To the ones who doesn't like this show enough, well imaginary balls to you!!

F.R.I.E.N.D.S is the greatest sitcom ever. Yes, its better than Frasier!



1994-2004. What makes FRIENDS an irrefutable part of us??

The best thing about FRIENDS is that it's not a one man show. Its a frigging ensemble. Apart from Courtney Cox, no one was high profile. No, not even Jennifer Aniston at that time. F.R.I.E.N.D.S made us wish we were a part of them. The characters were instantly loveable. Be it Monica's neurotic nature to goofy Joey. Be it Ross over pronouncing every word to sarcastic Chandler. Be it weird yet so funny Phoebe to the damsel in distress Rachel. FRIENDS had it all and much much more.

It all began at Central Park. When Rachel runs away from her marriage and bumps into the gang. Well not really, it started when Chandler needed a new roommate and finds Joey. That one was hilarious episode.

We have laughed our asses off to Janice's OH MY GAWWWWD, rofled till your stomach hurt whenever Phoebe started singing one of her crazy songs. The best thing about FRIENDS is that, they never failed to disappoint us. Never, not even one episode. The side characters, the special guests, they were all brilliant. Remember Emily?? The one where Ross was supposed to marry?? She was soo soo awesome. Remember the episode where Julia Roberts literally steals the pants off Chandler or the episode where Brad Pitt and Ross form an anti-Rachel club. Hilarious shit.

I miss F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I miss them so much that i watch atleast one episode every day and yet still miss them.

To understand F.R.I.E.N.D.S, to love them, you need to watch from Episode 1, Season 1.

That was the beginning. That was the beginning of my childhood. 



Some Memorable Quotes :

Rachel: Can you take care of Emma just for today?
Ross: Sure, just lend me your breasts and we'll be on our way.

Monica: What you guys don't understand is, for us, kissing is as important as any part of it.
Joey: Yeah, right!... Y'serious?
Phoebe: Oh, yeah!
Rachel: Everything you need to know is in that first kiss.
Monica: Absolutely.
Chandler: Yeah, I think for us, kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know? I mean it's like the stand-up comedian you have to sit through before Pink Floyd comes out.
Ross: Yeah, and-and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's that-that... that's not why we bought the ticket.
Chandler: The problem is, though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again, y'know? I mean, we're in the car, we're fighting traffic... basically just trying to stay awake.
Rachel: Yeah, well, word of advice: Bring back the comedian. Otherwise next time you're gonna find yourself sitting at home, listening to that album alone.
Joey: [pause] ... Are we still talking about sex?

Monica: Guys can fake it? Unbelievable! The one thing that's ours!

Ross: I figured after work, I'd pick up a bottle of wine, go over there, and try to... woo her.
Chandler: Hey, you know what you should do? Take her back to the 1800's when that phrase was last used.

Monica: Rach, it's the Visa card people.
Rachel: Oh, God, ask them what they want.
Monica: [on the phone] Could you please tell me what this is in reference to? Yes, hold on.
[to Rachel]
Monica: Um, they say there's been some unusual activity on your account.
Rachel: But I haven't used my card in weeks.
Monica: That is the unusual activity.

Chandler: I can handle this. "Handle" is my middle name. Actually, "handle" is the middle of my first name.

Joey: Hey Ross. If homo sapiens were in fact "homo sapiens", could that be why they're extinct?
Ross: Joey, homo sapiens are people.
Joey: Hey! I'm not judging here.

Rachel: See? Unisex.
Joey: Maybe *you* need sex. I just had it a few days ago.
Rachel: No, Joey, U-N-I-sex.
Joey: I wouldn't say no to that.

Chandler: Where's Joey? His mom's on the phone.
Monica: He's in the bathroom... I don't think you wanna go in there!
Chandler: C'mon, we're roommates... Aaaaaaaagh! My eyes! My eyes!

Joey: Of course it was a line!
Monica: Why? Why? Why would anyone do something like that?
Ross: I assume we're looking for an answer more sophisticated than, "to get you into bed."

[On living alone]
Joey: I thought it'd be great, you know? have some time alone with my thoughts... turns out, I don't have as many thoughts as you'd think.

**************************************


 

You just can't hate this show! Let me just wrap it up with Phoebe's version of the famous song
"Smelly cat, smelly cat,
what are they feeding you???
Smelly cat, smmmmeelllllllly cat..
Its not your fault......."

16 comments:

CookieCrumbsInc. on December 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM said...

It was, is and will be the most EPIC TV show ever. In fact, it's not a TV show, it's religion.

They have been through making me smile through tears, through friendships that didn't last, through celebrations and through me becoming who I am today.
I don't know what I'd do without them in my life.

Here's my contribution:
Chandler: Oh look, the monkey has a Ross on it's ass.

Anybody who compares HIMYM with F.R.I.E.N.D.S in front of me will be cut up into tiny pieces and fed to the dingoes, I swear.

And I have been meaning to write a tribute on my blog (though I already have), but now I'll just link back to this, I couldn't have done better:)

Do consider Dr. House next, or maybe Fringe?

CookieCrumbsInc. on December 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM said...

*they have been with me

Freelancer on December 13, 2011 at 6:23 PM said...

House yeah...will do...but after some time...and Fringe, i need to let the show develop some more.

Wings of Harmony on December 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM said...

Saying I love F.R.I.E.N.D.S would be an understatement!!! :D :D Darn! I can watch them whole friggin day! Even during exams! :D :D

Hey, Great move, FL! :D ;)

maithili on December 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM said...

will you guys kill me if I say I haven't watched one single episode of friends??? *puppy look*

maithili on December 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM said...

will you guys kill me if I say I haven't watched one single episode of friends??? *puppy look*

vixie on December 13, 2011 at 9:29 PM said...

and you have given full justice to the show..
A perfect ode..
FRIENDS is like GOD..
it has actually bloody taught us so much about life..love..friendships..relationships..all things crazy..
Just living life..
And even now when i watch it..i go through the same emotions i had felt years ago..
Its a show that will be always be ON eternally in our minds..
And no matter what..it will still renamin the most adorable sitcom EVER !!!
I will make my future kids watch it too ^_^

loved the post FL..
Cheers !

@maithz..watch girl watch..you will rather want to kill yourself for having missed this masterpiece before !

@peevee..YESSSSSSSSS..those people are full on bleh who find FRIENDS stupeeeeeeed..i mean..
GET A LIFE !!! Baaah

Chandana on December 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM said...

I watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S every singe day! I dont think ill ever get bored of it!
Like Peevee said its a religion. And I dont get how people can compare it to HIMYM. Its nothing.. NOTHING compared to F.R.I.E.N.D.S!

Viya on December 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM said...

Lovvved the post!!!
@ maithili : goooo watchhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nooow rite nooowww!!!!
I agree with PV.. its def a religion!!! :)

Khushboo W on December 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM said...

F.R.I.E.N.D.S is like superrrr, boss! :D
Have been following it regularly since I wad in 10th! Now, its been three years and yet I can watch it! Its ever green! <3 <3
You won't believe it, but my sister who's just 7, even she watches it!:P :D
Yes, I made sure she liked it! :D
And, it is the best! :D

Could it BE any better?! :P :P

Sunitha Vijayanarayan on December 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM said...

I used to watch friends every evening when I was in class 11 and 12 and then 3 years ago, I watched the whole 10 series DVD during the last few months of my pregnancy. It is an amazing series and both my husband and I are avid fans . Nice post this was. It had all the ever green moments captured.

Spaceman Spiff on December 14, 2011 at 5:32 PM said...

:) Nah, I don't think I have the perfect words to show what I feel about F.R.I.E.N.D.S... I know pretty much all the lines in all the episodes by rote now.

One of my favourite ones:-

(Horrified at finding that Ross is going to play the bagpipe at their wedding, that too horribly)
Monica: Why is your family Scottish?!
Chandler: Why is YOUR family Ross?!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

The six of them have helped me through a lot many crappy phases.

After FRIENDS, the only show I have laughed so much at is The Big Bang Theory. Have you seen it? You should. :) Hilarious!

Keirthana on December 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM said...

Till date, my favorite hobby and stress buster is to watch a random episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. It is like "The Therapy" for me when I am depressed. Just one episode and I am good to go :)

FL, you have done an awesome tribute to the show... I soooooooooooooooo love it....

Maithz,I beg you to watch it.. You will really miss an awesome masterpiece if work if you don't.

I am off to watch an episode right now..F.R.I.E.N.D.S rock.. Ane like PeeVee said,it is not a TV show. It is a religion.

The DRAGON in the skin of a goat ;-p on December 14, 2011 at 9:53 PM said...

I was infact watching the episode where Ross says Rachel instead of Emily right now, when I came over to read this!!! Freaky...Your right FL or should I say Rossy :P...nobosy can hate FRIENDS ever. I've never failed not to crack up on the part where Ross get's the bagpiper out and asks the gang to sing along and Phoebe in her typical whacko style goes 'he heee heeeee'. Have you seen the bloopers of FRIENDS? Mind numbingly funny they are.

PV's contribution from Chandler is something I would ahve quoted too, but I also have to quote this one...when Chandler finds out people think he is gay and asks the gang what it is about him that makes people think so and Mon says 'I don't know you have a certain quality' Chandler says...'Yeah yeah quality and I was worried you were going to be vague about this'!!! Chandler and his sarcasm have made many a day for me!!! 'I'm sorry man there is never a good enough time to catch on fire', 'Should I use my invisibility to fight crime or for evil', 'The 3 words that make my balls jump right back inside me'...I soooooooooooooooo love him...and Joey being the adorable dufus that he is....'Omnipotent', 'Profession: Dinosaurs', 'Be a man, just stop calling'....ah I've made a mini post out here...but honestly nobody can ever do justice to their love for this show.

@Maith: I'm shaking my head fervently with disappointment. After those blasted exams first thing do that girl, you won't regret it believe me.

sumitra on December 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM said...

I love F.R.I.E.N.D.S so much, that I feel it's lame to even talk about how much I love it. Every second of every episode in the show is EPIC.

Why don't we talk about The Big Bang Theory next. It's a great show too. Of course, can't touch FRIENDS.

Unknown on March 16, 2015 at 9:12 AM said...

MTT chuyên cung cấp những sản phẩm tăng cường sức khỏe đời sống như thuốc bổ cho mắt
thuốc tăng cường trí nhớ
triple omega 3-6-9
thuoc multivitamin
thuoc giam can tot nhat
mỹ phẩm sakura nhật bản
Bạn đang thắc mắc hay phân vân lựa chọn cho mình loại kem chống nắng cho những ngày hè sắp tới ? Hãy đọc bài viết của chúng tôi để có sự lựa chọn tốt nhất cho mình
kem chống nắng nào tốt nhất

Post a Comment

 

Darlings Of Venus Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates